DNDO Seeks Commercially Available Rad Scanning Systems for Cargo
- DNDO Issues RFI for PVT RPM Improvements. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p23
The article reports on the issuance of a Request for Information (RFI) by the U.S. Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) seeking technical ways to improve current generation Radiation Portal Monitors that are based on Polyvinyl Toluene (PVT) detectors.
- DNDO Seeks Info on Radiation Source Sheet to Test Personal Detector. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
The article reports on the issuance of a Request for Information (RFI) by the U.S. Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) for a Radiation Source Sheet that can be used to test the operational functionality of a personal radiation detector (PRD).
- RAC to use telematics to predict breakdowns. Carfrae, Jack // Auto Express;1/20/2016 Special Issue, Issue 1405, p22
The article previews the RAC ball advanced warning system from RAC Telematics.
- Warning light. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);3/26/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7720, p14
The article reports on the collaboration of research laboratories in the U.S., Great Britain and South Africa to create radiation detectors that can guard ports and airports. The three-year research led by Imperial College London aims to look for materials to replace those used to make radiation...
- LABORATUVARLAR Ä°Ã‡Ä°N RADYASYON Ä°ZLEME SÄ°STEMÄ°. Bayburt, Sevil; Bayburt, Mehmet // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2008, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p491
In this study, a computer controlled radiation monitoring system is developed for nuclear laboratories. The aim of this system is to monitor the background radiation level of the radiation laboratories using only one control centre. The system counts and evaluates pulses that are generated in...
- SURFRAD--A National Surface Radiation Budget Network for Atmospheric Research. Augustine, John A.; DeLuisi, John J. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p2341
Reports that United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has begun the operation of a surface radiation budget observing network (SURFRAD). Goal of supporting satellite retrieval validation, modeling and climate, hydrology and weather research; Features and capabilities of...
- Radiation Alarm System. // Quintessence International;Sep1982, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1011
The article evaluates a radiation alarm system from Dosimeter Corp.
- A Certified Health Physicistâ€™s Reflections on a 40-Year Career in Radiation Protection. Miller, Mark L. // Dose-Response;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
This is a reflection from a certified health physicist regarding his becoming aware, during his 40-year career, that the linear no-threshold (LNT) model and the associated As Low As Reasonably Achievable concept have no scientific basis and make no positive contribution to radiation safety. They...
- Melhoria da proteÃ§Ã£o radiolÃ³gica mediante um ciclo de avaliaÃ§Ã£o interna da qualidade. Figueiredo, Filipe Morais de; Gama, Zenewton André da Silva // Radiologia Brasileira;mar/abr2012, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p87
Objective: To determine the level of quality in radiation protection of patients during radiological examination, evaluating the effectiveness of an intervention aimed at enhancing the quality of such a protection. Materials and Methods: A quality improvement cycle was implemented in a radiology...