General Dynamics' [GD]: GD Nabs $11 Coast Guard Award for IT Support
- Coast Guard Awards GD Small Contract To Update Rescue 21 In Alaska. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/9/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 49, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Coast Guard has awarded defense contractor General Dynamics to upgrade Alaska's Rescue 21 search and rescue's communications system.
- Coast Guard C4IT Service Center Plans Industry Day. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/25/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Coast Guard C4 Information Technology Service Center to hold an Industry Day at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in Arlington, Virginia on August 17, 2011.
- Coast Guard Seeks IT Support for Search and Rescue Optimal Planning System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p23
The article reveals that sources are being sought by the U.S. Coast Guard Command and Control Engineering Center which can provide system life-cycle operations and maintenance information technology (IT) support services for the Search and Rescue Optimal Planning Systems and associated Common...
- Useful Information. WITTMAN, AMY L. // Sea Power;May2012, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including actionable intelligence, the U.S. navies' operational adaptation, and the network security challenges and information technology initiatives of the Coast Guard.
- General Dynamics Gets Coast Guard Information Pact. // Computer Workstations;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the purchase agreement between the General Dynamics Information Technology and the U.S. Coast Guard Force Readiness Command (FORCECOM). It states that General Dynamics has agreed to provide FORCECOM with simulator support and information technology (IT) services for their...
- Enterprise Software Agreements. // CHIPS Magazine;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p34
The article offers information on the Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) that streamline the acquisition process and offers standards compliant information technology (IT). It mentions that the ESI users include DoD components and the employees from the...
- Managing C4IT. MARCARIO, JOHN C. // Sea Power;Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on the creation of a centralized management command, control, communications, computers and information technology (C4IT) operations of the U.S. Coast Guard. The new structure will examine the three independent C4IT service centers, in order to determine their strength and...
- DHS IG Finds Coast Guard Enterprise Architecture Aligns With Federal, Agency Goals. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/19/2009, Vol. 243 Issue 35, p3
The article presents reports on the enterprise architecture framework of the U.S. Cost Guard through strategic information (IT) plan that aligns the federal mandates by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Inspector General (IG). It mentions that the program will optimize overall mission of...
- Military and civilian personnel thrive in the Coast Guard. // Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology;Summer/Fall2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p90
The article focuses on the diversity and technical opportunities in the U.S. Coast Guard. An overview of the government agency's function and growing demand for experienced engineers and information technology (IT) professionals is offered. Information on the programs and effort of the Coast...