Germany Awards Smiths Detection Contract for AT X-Ray Systems
- Applications of X-ray analysis. Cornish, L.A. // South African Journal of Science;Jun96, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p274
Highlights the applications of X-ray analysis as reported at the 44th Annual Denver Conference on X-ray Analysis in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Developments and applications in X-ray fluorescence and X-ray diffraction; Measurement of stress by X-ray diffraction; Comments on papers presented at...
- Of mice and men. Holton, W. Conard // Vision Systems Design;Apr2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the x-ray inspection of oversized tires for earth-moving equipment, a feature on linescan infrared cameras and another on biomedical inspection.
- Palletron offers x-ray processing of intact pallets. // National Provisioner;Dec2001, Vol. 215 Issue 12, p70
Reports the development of a system using X-ray irradiation for the processing of pallet loads of food products. Method employed by the Palletron; Delivery of the proper dosimetry for the X-ray irradiation of meat, poultry, ready-to-eat products, fruits and vegetables on pallets; Importance of...
- 2-D vs. 3-D: X-Ray Systems Go Under the Microscope. Randle, Kimbela // Quality;May2002, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p24
Analyzes the use of two-dimensional (2-D) and three-dimensional (3-D) X-ray technology in product quality inspection. Theory behind the inspection systems; Advantages of 2-D X-ray inspection systems; Applications of 3-D systems. INSET: QUALITY TECH TIPS.
- X-rays and their discoverer. Stroud, Luther; Sclater, Neil // Electronics Now;Nov95, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p29
Focuses on the applications of X-rays in science, medicine, electronics and industries. Background on the discovery of X-rays by Wilhelm Konrad Roentgen; Design of an X-ray tube; Development of computer tomography systems. INSET: What are X-rays..
- X-ray inspection system. // Test & Measurement World;Nov2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p62
The article evaluates the FeinFocus Cougar Pro X-ray inspection systems from Comet.
- ALICE collides beams to achieve a UK X-ray first. // Electro Optics;Dec2009/Jan2010, Issue 203, p6
The article reports that physicists working on a research and development (R&D) prototype for Accelerators and Lasers in Combined Experiments (ALICE) in Great Britain have successfully collided electrons and a powerful laser beam to develop short-pulsed X-rays.
- Examination of objects in translation using limited number of X-ray viewpoints. Rebuffel, V.; Planat-Chretien, A.; Marc, A.; Rizo, P. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 557 Issue 1, p529
This paper deals with the X-ray inspection of objects translating upon a conveyor belt. When volumetric information about the object is required, a solution consists in using a limited number of X-ray viewpoints, typically 3 to 6. The projections can be combined using an iterative Algebraic...
- X-ray imaging methods over the last 25 yearsâ€”new advances and capabilities. Gray, Joe; Tillack, Gerd-Ru¨diger // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 557 Issue 1, p16
The last 25 years have seen an explosion in the number of new x-ray based imaging methods and applications. In reviewing these new capabilities we see that the ability to generate improved data quality underlies a number of the major advances. Improvement in the quality of x-ray sources, in...