American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: Smiths Detection Wins $70M Marine Corps Order for NII Systems
- US Marines Plug Into Portable Solar Power. // Microwaves & RF;Jul2012, Vol. 51 Issue 7, pS6
The article focuses on the contract given to Iris Technology Corp. regarding the initial phase of the Solar Power Adaptor -- Generation II (SPAN) by the U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command.
- Lockheed Martin logs order for Marine attack helicopter electro-optical avionics. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the contract won by defense, aerospace and advanced technology company Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control segment to offer the helicopter avionics of the U.S. Marine Corps Bell Cobra with multi-sensor electro-optical/infrared (EO)/(IR) fire-control system.
- Rolls-Royce awarded $90m MV-22 contract. // Engineer (Online Edition);2/25/2014, p4
The article reports that Roll-Royce secured a production contract worth 90 million U.S. dollars for engines to power the MV-22 aircraft operated by the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Jenoptik Defense & Civil Systems Receives Development Contract from USMC. // Military Technology;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that Jenoptik has been awarded a contract worth 1.3 million U.S. dollars to develop an observation and target acquisition system for the U.S. Marine Corps.
- MARINES DRAFT BULLDOG. // Fleet Owner;Nov2010, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p106
The article reports that a contract to help the U.S. Marine Corps.' (USMC) Buffalo A1 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle was awarded to the Mack Military Group.
- Infrascanner Brain Scanner Gets $3.7M-Expands head trauma detection capabilities. // Sensors;10/10/2014, p1
The article reports that InfraScan, a medical device firm, has signed a four year contract with the U.S. Marine Corps / Navy and mentions the contract will support the development of new, integrated capabilities including the ability to detect changes in local oxygen saturation within brain.
- Smiths Detection gets German Order for HCVM Cargo Scanners. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/22/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p18
The article reports on a contract awarded to Smiths Detection by the German Federal Ministry of Finance for three HCVM 3 high-energy X-Ray systems for the mobile screening of trucks, containers and other vehicles for illegal cargo at customs checkpoints.
- Nigeria Orders Smith Detection's High-Energy Cargo Scanner. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that the Nigerian government has awarded Smiths Detection a contract for the delivery of the dual-view, high energy Heimann Cargo Vision Stationary cargo inspection system with material discrimination.
- Lockheed Martin Gets $52 Million To Develop Marine Corps Convoy Trainer. // Defense Daily;10/25/2007, Vol. 236 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the $52 million contract awarded by the U.S. Marine Corps to Lockheed Martin to develop Combat Convoy Simulators (CCS), the next generation of convoy simulators that will provide training for a variety of vehicles. According to Jim Craig, vice president of round, maritime...