Potential Cinar Suitor Steps Down, Directors Dicker Over Dowry
- New Cinar Directors to Push Sale. // Educational Marketer;5/6/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the possible impact of the coup at the shareholders meeting of supplementary education materials publisher and entertainment company Cinar on the sale of the financially troubled company.
- Cinar Agrees to Sell to Investment Group, Which Plans Investment in Education Division. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the sale of Cinar Corp. to an investment group in Montreal, Quebec. Completion date of the transaction; Terms of the agreement; Head of the investment group buying the company.
- Cinar's sale closes: animator set for MIP. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;3/16/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 57, p7
Reports on Montreal, Quebec-based animator Cinar Corp.'s sale to a group of investors led by Nelvana executives Michael Hirsh and Toper Taylor, TD Capital Canadian Private Equity Partners and the merchant banking group of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System. Financial problems of...
- Prospective Cinar Buyer Sees Growth Through Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;11/21/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the pending sale of education and entertainment company Cinar Corp. in the U.S. Merger of Cinar with HighReach Learning; Terms of the agreement; Voting shares of Cinar.
- EXEC SHAKEUP AT CINAR. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the resignation of Stuart Snyder as chief executive officer of Cinar Corp. following the completion of the sale of the company to Michael Hirsh and Toper Taylor in Montreal, Quebec. Tenure of Snyder in the company; Citations of the replacement for Snyder; Information of the business...
- Ruling eases sale of Cinar. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p47
Reports on the approval of the Quebec Securities Commission to temporarily lift the ban on the sale of the shares of Cinar Corp.
- Carson-Dellosa Moves To New Parent The Cookie Jar Group. // Educational Marketer;4/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p5
The name of Cinar Corp. is quickly fading since the completion of the $143.9 million sale of the company on March 15 to a Canadian investment group. The education and entertainment company has since been re-dubbed the Cookie Jar Group in Toronto, Ontario. But even Cookie Jar probably will fade...
- Hirsh-led group closes in on Cinar. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;1/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p58
Reports on the approval of the Quebec Securities Commission to temporarily lift the ban on the sale of the shares of Cinar Corp. to an investor group consisting executives Michael Hirsh, Toper Taylor and TD Capital.
- For 1998, revenues, operating income soar at Cinar Corp. // Electronic Education Report;03/03/99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Cinar Corp. for the fiscal year ended November 30, 1998. Deals signed in China and Canada; Comparison of the financial performance with the previous year.