How can we balance work with our lifestyle?
- The business of behavior. OULETTE, RUSS // New Hampshire Business Review;6/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p19
The article discusses work ethics in the workplace, particularly leadership and interpersonal relations.
- Time and Work Stats and Facts. // Nonprofit World;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p27
The article presents working statistics and facts which include one which reveals that 25% of sick days are taken for illness while 75% are for other reasons, another which shows that the average reading speed to be 200 words a minute and one which depicts that only 10% of what people read is...
- The work ethic lives. C. A. B. // Psychology Today;Feb84, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p17
The article presents the findings of a survey conducted by the University of Kentucky at Lexington, Kentucky on employees psychology.
- How to get ahead by being a bastard. Browning, Guy // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p154
Presents an anecdote on several ways for a bad employee to improve the quality of his work.
- Business is Busyness, or the Work Ethic. Welsh, Alexander // Social Research;Summer2005, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p471
This article focuses on the concept of work ethic in the U.S. The work ethic warrants and positively encourages the accumulation of wealth, but the shyness about the possession of that wealth is understandable for all that. There is the suspicion that if you already have all you need, you are...
- Taking Out the Buck and Putting in a Trick The Black Working Cowboy's Art of Breaking and Keeping a Good Cow Horse. Searles, Michael N. // Journal of the West;Spring2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p53
Provides information on the life of the Black cowboy in Texas. Economic value of the cowboy; Comparison of their abilities from the white cowboy; Requirement of strong work ethic in cowboy labor.
- Stick It! Two Words that Influence My Career. Terry, Alexis S. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p92
The article provides the author's insight in relation to work ethics and values.
- Business Facts of Life. Anderson, Dave // Executive Excellence;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The article presents the author's views regarding certain business facts that all employees should be aware of. Effective leaders keep their people out of a gray area by setting and clarifying expectations for them. Employees deserve to know where the leader stands on performance issues. This...
- Back Into the Job You Want. Trunk, Penelope // California Job Journal;2/15/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1172, p5
The article offers tips on how to get the job that one really wants. According to the article, job seekers must take time to build a resume that meets the requirements of the jobs that they want by looking at the types of experience required to get their dream job and then getting that...