Welcome to Stem Cell Research & Therapy
- The Tiniest Transplant. Park, Alice // Time International (Atlantic Edition);8/22/2011, Vol. 178 Issue 7, p36
The article presents a discussion of embryonic stem cell treatment therapies, adapted from the book "The Stem Cell Hope," by Alice Park.
- Stem cell therapy takes a giant leap. // New Scientist;8/23/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 2670, p5
The author reflects on the use of embryonic stem cells (ESCs) to repair damaged spinal cords, hearts, livers, bones and pancreas.
- Tell Me More. // Countdown;Spring2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40
Presents a round table discussion on juvenile diabetes in reference to the experience of three children. Link between steep spikes in blood sugar levels and long-term complications during childhood; Role of embryonic stem cells in the cure of type 1 diabetes; Advice to parents to help their...
- Stem Cells Found to Heal Damaged Artery in Lab Study. Perry, R. Michael // Cryonics;Apr2013, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p24
The article offers information on the study which revealed how damaged artery can be healed by baboon embryonic stem cells.
- CLEANING. // Christianity Today;Jan2012, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p10
This section offers world news briefs related to religious groups as of January 2011. The Supreme Court of British Columbia has decided to ban polygamy in the region due to its negative effects on children and women. The approved tests of embryonic stem-cell therapy for humans by the U.S....
- European panel rejects creation of human embryos for research. Dickson, David // Nature;11/16/2000, Vol. 408 Issue 6810, p277
Reports that a European committee has ruled that approving creation of human embryos for stem-cell research would be premature. Opinion of the European Group on Ethics in Science that somatic-cell nuclear transfer has potential medical value; Expectation that the report will impact European...
- READER'S SOUND OFF. // Diabetes Health;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p19
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including an opinion that the findings on the use of embryonic stem cells for treating diabetes are preliminary and should not diminish the importance of embryonic stem cell research to diabetes, a criticism...
- Embryonic Stem cell research - The case against... Antoniou, Michael // Nature Medicine;Apr2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p397
Advocates against therapeutic use of and research on human embryonic stem (ES) cells. Practical issues associated with the cloning of ES cells; Safety involved in the usage of adult cells; Moral and ethical issues that needs to be addressed regarding therapeutic cloning of ES cells.
- Life Giving Life -- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Therapy Restores Hope and Renewed Strength for Amanda. // Townsend Letter;Jun2010, Issue 323, p52
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of undergoing human embryonic stem cell therapy to treat a spinal cord injury.