Performance Appraisal and its Effects on Employees' Motivation and Job Promotion
- Planning for Performance Reviews Part II. Domeyer, Diane // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p24
Provides tips for women executives on conducting a performance review. Importance of encouraging employees to get involved during the appraisal meeting; Factors to consider in giving constructive criticism to employees; Significance of providing employees a copy of the performance review.
- Performance: It's what you measure that counts. Boomer, L. Gary // Accounting Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the characteristics that are relevant to define a successful employee performance evaluation system. Importance of holding quarterly meetings between managers and employees; Involvement of employees in maintaining their performance evaluation system; Variation in the factors that...
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IS THE WAY TOWARDS ADVANCEMENT OF ORGANIZATION. Kachan�kov�, Anna; Stachoc�, Katar�na; Stacho, Zdenko // Human Resources Management & Ergonomics;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Performance management concept is based on approaches trying to overcome shortages in employee appraisal applied so far, i.e. on transformation from evaluation only focused on finding out actual performance to evaluation interrelated with permanent performance advancement. Performance management...
- common sense performance appraisals. Wright, Edward W.; Domagalski, Theresa A.; Marvel, John H. // Supervision;May2013, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses employee performance appraisals, presenting recommendations for managers. According to the authors, performance appraisals should provide employees with feedback that increases their motivation towards improvement. Challenges in assigning numerical scores to performance are...
- AN EVALUATION OF STAFF MOTIVATION, DISSATISFACTION AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN AN ACADEMIC SETTING. Mawoli, Mohammed Abubakar; Babandako, Abdullahi Yusuf // Australian Journal of Business & Management Research;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p1
This study seeks to ascertain academic staff level of motivation, dissatisfaction and performance at work. The study employed a survey research method to collect research data from academic staff of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Nigeria. A total of 141 or 64% of the academic...
- ï¿½valuation du rendement et motivation au travail : Propositions de recherche pour une rï¿½troaction sur le rendement qui favorise la satisfaction des besoins psychologiques fondamentaux. GRENIER, SIMON; CHIOCCHIO, FRAN�OIS; BEAULIEU, GENEVI�VE // Management International / International Management / Gestiï¿½n ;Summer2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p169
Performance appraisal and feedback is a crucial process aiming at maximizing individual growth and performance. However, this process may be perceived as controlling by employees which can decrease their motivation at work. The present paper aims at improving the impact of performance feedback...
- Rethinking Employee Compensation. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses employee compensation, and examines the philosophy of incentive compensation. Advice for implementing a structured incentive compensation program is offered, and suggestions on designing balanced scorecards is presented. Criteria which the author's organization uses to...
- Are you undervalued? Houlbrook, Richard // Credit Management;Mar2002, p38
No abstract available.
- Employee motivation--the ten commandments. // Works Management;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the requirements for ensuring the fulfillment and production of employees in Great Britain. Reduction and provision of meaning to peoples work by direction; Generation of competence of knowledge and skills; Provision of resources to staff.