Performance Appraisal and its Effects on Employees' Motivation and Job Promotion
- Planning for Performance Reviews Part II. Domeyer, Diane // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p24
Provides tips for women executives on conducting a performance review. Importance of encouraging employees to get involved during the appraisal meeting; Factors to consider in giving constructive criticism to employees; Significance of providing employees a copy of the performance review.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IS THE WAY TOWARDS ADVANCEMENT OF ORGANIZATION. Kachan�kov�, Anna; Stachoc�, Katar�na; Stacho, Zdenko // Human Resources Management & Ergonomics;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Performance management concept is based on approaches trying to overcome shortages in employee appraisal applied so far, i.e. on transformation from evaluation only focused on finding out actual performance to evaluation interrelated with permanent performance advancement. Performance management...
- Performance: It's what you measure that counts. Boomer, L. Gary // Accounting Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the characteristics that are relevant to define a successful employee performance evaluation system. Importance of holding quarterly meetings between managers and employees; Involvement of employees in maintaining their performance evaluation system; Variation in the factors that...
- common sense performance appraisals. Wright, Edward W.; Domagalski, Theresa A.; Marvel, John H. // Supervision;May2013, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses employee performance appraisals, presenting recommendations for managers. According to the authors, performance appraisals should provide employees with feedback that increases their motivation towards improvement. Challenges in assigning numerical scores to performance are...
- �valuation du rendement et motivation au travail : Propositions de recherche pour une r�troaction sur le rendement qui favorise la satisfaction des besoins psychologiques fondamentaux. GRENIER, SIMON; CHIOCCHIO, FRAN�OIS; BEAULIEU, GENEVI�VE // Management International / International Management / Gesti�n ;Summer2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p169
Performance appraisal and feedback is a crucial process aiming at maximizing individual growth and performance. However, this process may be perceived as controlling by employees which can decrease their motivation at work. The present paper aims at improving the impact of performance feedback...
- Rethinking Employee Compensation. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses employee compensation, and examines the philosophy of incentive compensation. Advice for implementing a structured incentive compensation program is offered, and suggestions on designing balanced scorecards is presented. Criteria which the author's organization uses to...
- AN EVALUATION OF STAFF MOTIVATION, DISSATISFACTION AND JOB PERFORMANCE IN AN ACADEMIC SETTING. Mawoli, Mohammed Abubakar; Babandako, Abdullahi Yusuf // Australian Journal of Business & Management Research;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p1
This study seeks to ascertain academic staff level of motivation, dissatisfaction and performance at work. The study employed a survey research method to collect research data from academic staff of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Nigeria. A total of 141 or 64% of the academic...
- Are you undervalued? Houlbrook, Richard // Credit Management;Mar2002, p38
No abstract available.
- Measure of success. Brabbs, Cordelia // Estates Gazette;9/14/2002, Issue 237, p124
Discusses the significance of an employee appraisal system in the motivation of workforce. Views of employees on appraisals; Problems associated with appraisal in the British workplace; Rewards of putting an effective appraisal system in the workplace.