A Review of Stabilization of Soft Soils by Injection of Chemical Grouting
- Toronto Successfully Using Acrylamide Grout To Stop Tunnel Leaks. Narduzzo, L. // Underground Construction;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, pR6
Focuses on the Toronto Transit Commission's (TTC) implementation of a grouting program to stop tunnel leaks using acrylamide. Background of the program; Types of tunnel construction in the TTC; Grout formulations; Safety program.
- Chemical Soil Stabilization. Keating, Janis // Erosion Control;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the use of chemicals in the stabilization of soil. Reference to environmentally safe polymers and enzymes; Availability of chemical soil stabilization chemicals; Companies manufacturing chemical-based soil stabilization products.
- Inorganic Clay/sodium Lignosulfonate Graft Acrylamide and Maleic Anhydride Adsorbent Composites. Qingxin Yao; Junxia Liu; Liping Tang; Jianjun Xie // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 628, p3
Adsorbent composites comprising of inorganic clay/sodium lignosulfonate graft-polymerized with acrylamide and maleic anhydride were synthesized by free radical solution copolymerization. The synthesized copolymers presented high adsorption capacity when the monomer ratio of acrylamide to maleic...
- Assessment and Comparison of Grouting and Injection Methods in Geotechnical Engineering. Kazemian, Sina; Huat, Bujang. B. K. // European Journal of Scientific Research;Feb2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p234
There are various methods and devices to stabilize land and one method that is commonly used worldwide is grouting or injecting a liquid (cement and additives) into voids within a structure, or displacing the gases and liquids from within these. Some examples of grouting method are hydro...
- ASSPECTS CONCERNING THE IMPROVEMENT OF SOILS AGAINST LIQUEFACTION. Pleşcan, Costel; Rotaru, Ancuţa // Bulletin of the Polytechnic Institute of Iasi - Construction & A;2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p39
The article presents a study which investigates the improvement of foundation soil against liquefaction in Romania. The study conducted liquefaction improvement using compaction, permeation, and jet grouting to improve civil engineering foundation soils without inducing vibration that disturb...
- Properties of Clayey Soils Subject to Local Hydrofracking and Stabilization by Injection of Cement-Sand Grout. Prostov, S.; Gerasimov, O.; Nikulin, N. // Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering;May2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p88
Results are presented for investigation of the physico-mechanical properties of clayey soils stabilized by injection of a cement-sand grout. Complex monitoring is proposed for processes involving stability of clayey bed soils over time with use of statistical, seismic, electrical,...
- Experimental Investigations of the Effectiveness of the "Geocomposite" Method of Soil Grouting in the Beds of Buildings on Backfill Sands. Abelev, M.; Averin, I.; Korableva, U. // Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering;May2015, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p84
Means of geomechanical control are examined for effectiveness of stabilization during grouting of fill sands by the "Geocomposite" method. Results are presented for control of soil stabilization beneath the foundation of a building under construction during one-time and repeated injections after...
- BASF Plans to Expand Amino Glues and Resins. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/1/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the plans of chemical company BASF AG to increase its production capacity at Ludwigshafen for amino glues and resins for the European wood products market by the end of 2004. Increase in formaldehyde capacity at the production center during the early months of 2003.
- . . . and into the deep fat fryer. // Ecologist;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p31
Warns those eating deep-fried snacks and French fries about acrylamide, an industrial chemical which is known to cause genetic mutations. Acrylamide concentration in crisp deep-fried foods.