A Review of Stabilization of Soft Soils by Injection of Chemical Grouting
- Toronto Successfully Using Acrylamide Grout To Stop Tunnel Leaks. Narduzzo, L. // Underground Construction;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, pR6
Focuses on the Toronto Transit Commission's (TTC) implementation of a grouting program to stop tunnel leaks using acrylamide. Background of the program; Types of tunnel construction in the TTC; Grout formulations; Safety program.
- Assessment and Comparison of Grouting and Injection Methods in Geotechnical Engineering. Kazemian, Sina; Huat, Bujang. B. K. // European Journal of Scientific Research;Feb2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p234
There are various methods and devices to stabilize land and one method that is commonly used worldwide is grouting or injecting a liquid (cement and additives) into voids within a structure, or displacing the gases and liquids from within these. Some examples of grouting method are hydro...
- ASSPECTS CONCERNING THE IMPROVEMENT OF SOILS AGAINST LIQUEFACTION. Pleşcan, Costel; Rotaru, Ancuţa // Bulletin of the Polytechnic Institute of Iasi - Construction & A;2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p39
The article presents a study which investigates the improvement of foundation soil against liquefaction in Romania. The study conducted liquefaction improvement using compaction, permeation, and jet grouting to improve civil engineering foundation soils without inducing vibration that disturb...
- BASF Plans to Expand Amino Glues and Resins. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/1/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the plans of chemical company BASF AG to increase its production capacity at Ludwigshafen for amino glues and resins for the European wood products market by the end of 2004. Increase in formaldehyde capacity at the production center during the early months of 2003.
- . . . and into the deep fat fryer. // Ecologist;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p31
Warns those eating deep-fried snacks and French fries about acrylamide, an industrial chemical which is known to cause genetic mutations. Acrylamide concentration in crisp deep-fried foods.
- Chemical grout stops tailings leakage at Alumbrera. // Mining Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p23
The article focuses on the utilization of acrylamide solution grout to achieve the target residual permeability value in a rock formation below a future tailings dam at the Minera Alumbrera copper-gold mine in northern Argentina. It is said that the grouting contractors had improperly grouted...
- Experience with soil stabilization by vibratory grouting. Ibragimov, M.; Mitrakov, V.; Fateev, N. // Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p210
Experience with a new vibratory-injection procedure for the cement-grout stabilization of sandy soils in the bed of an industrial building under construction, slope stabilization of a dike surrounding a cooling basin, and the stabilization of natural slide-prone slopes is discussed.
- Experience with Urea-Resin Stabilization of Soils. Bleskina, N. // Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p139
The article focuses on the formulas based on urea resin developed by the Scientific-Research Institute of Foundations and Underground Structures. In construction practice, the procedure of injecting gel-forming grout into soil after its pretreatment is currently used primarily for the urea-resin...
- Ground Stabilization for Urban Tunneling. Schmall, Paul C.; Spiteri, Lucian P. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Aug2010, p27
The article discusses the planning for hard rock tunneling in the city which need for soil stabilization to succeed in the ground tunneling construction. In the construction process, ground freezing is used to stabilize the soil for tunneling applications to support the excavation and ground...