"Weak Growth" for Logistics in Remainder of 2011
Tags: BUSINESS logistics
- 'True Grit': the sequel. Agg, Steve // Logistics & Transport Focus;Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
In this article, the author emphasizes the preparation that has to be done by logisticians and transport professionals in Great Britain for the upcoming extreme weather conditions during the winter season.
- David vs. Goliath. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p14
Discusses the popularity of small- to medium-sized logistics provider companies in the U.S. among international transportation managers of different companies. Ability of the company to provide a more personalized service; Ability to adopt new technology that would add value to their customers'...
- Hong Kong's logistics future: China. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p23
Discusses the opportunities seen by Hong Kong-based logistics provider companies in China. Advantages over foreign logistics providers; Encouragement given by the Chinese government.
- What every CEO should know about logistics. // Asian Business Review;Mar1997, p30
Focuses on the importance for chief executive officers to understand the concept of logistics and how it applies to business. Use of logistics to improve finance, marketing, sales and manufacturing arms of a company; Definition and components of logistics; Views of several company executives on...
- By the Numbers. // World Trade: WT100;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
The article lists the top 15 countries that have best logistics including Germany, Singapore, and Sweden.
- By the Numbers. // World Trade: WT100;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p14
No abstract available.
- Keepin' it movin'. Bell, John // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p31
Discusses business logistics strategies in the United States and in Canada. Definition of logistics; Supply-chain improvement; Achievement of total supply chain quality through improved operations planning; Use of decision-support information technology; Role of logistics in business operations.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Motor Transport;4/19/2010, p1
The article offers news briefs related to business logistics in Great Britain in 2010, including the bankruptcy of TAL Logistics Group and the appointment of David Croome as chief executive officer (CEO) of Kent Corp.
- Celogix expands Dutch presence with �10m buy. // EuroProperty;2003, p8
Funds management company Celogix Property Fund has increased its presence in the Netherlands with the � 10.4 million acquisition of a logistics scheme at Sallandsekant in Almere, the Netherlands. The fund has acquired the project, which consists of 13,700 m[sup2] of warehouse space and more...