DIARY A palliative care social worker writesï¿½
- DIARY. // Community Care;1/31/2002, Issue 1407, p25
Presents a diary detailing the weeklong activities of a specialist social worker in a palliative care team. Communication with a friend and a client; Delivery of a teaching session to health carers; Attendance to the weekly team meeting.
- DIARY. // Community Care;11/22/2007, Issue 1700, p82
The diary of a social worker working as in a team for geriatric care is presented.
- PALYATÄ°F VE YAÅžAM SONU BAKIMDA SOSYAL HÄ°ZMET UZMANININ ROLLERÄ° VE SOSYAL HÄ°ZMET MESLEÄžÄ° STANDARTLARI. SARUÇ, Semra // Journal of Society & Social Work;2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p193
This study discusses the role of the social worker and social work standards in palliative and end of life care. As a context, this study aims to be helpful to the applications of social work and social workers who will work in the palliative care centers in the proces of integration of...
- Advanced certification created for social workers. // Hospice Management Advisor;Jan2009, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the advanced certified hospice and palliative social worker credential (ACHP-SW) created by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). It states that this is the first national credential in hospice and palliative care tailored to catch the specialized knowledge,...
- A DYING NEED. Hocking, Josephine // Community Care;10/6/2005, Issue 1593, p28
Focuses on the work of palliative care social workers in Great Britain. Insufficiency of the members of the Association of Specialist Palliative Care Social Workers; Variation of the assistance being required by the care according to Anne O'Callaghan, a specialist social worker in palliative...
- DIARY. // Community Care;12/4/2003, Issue 1501, p25
Presents a diary of the activities of a senior social worker in a child care team of a British local authority for a week.
- Palliative care social work 'undervalued'. // Community Care;11/30/2006, Issue 1651, p7
The article discusses palliative care social work. The Joseph Rowntree Foundation study in November 2006 shows that palliative care social work is undervalued by other professionals because of its informality and ordinariness. Access for service users is limited due to the lack of understanding...
- Advanced certification created for social workers. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Feb2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on the creation of the advanced certified hospice and palliative social worker credential. This is reportedly tailored to capture the specialized knowledge, skills and abilities of professional social workers in hospice and palliative care settings. The certification's...
- DIARY. // Community Care;3/10/2005, Issue 1563, p25
Presents a one-week diary of a senior social worker. Ruling of a court regarding the care of a child who has been sexually abused by the father; Issues dealt with by social workers; Services provided by social workers.