- Work on new Telecom strategy begins. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the role of Czech government and state holding company, National Property Fund, in clarifying uncertainties surrounding the future of Czech Telecom. Representation of the Ministry of Informatics on the board of the dominant fixed-line operator; Collapse of the Telecom's sell to the...
- Telecom Mini tariff users left out. // Prague Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
Reports the move of Czech Telecom to cancel the provision of call-by-call carrier selection services to its Home Mini tariff users in Czech Republic. Questions on the legality of the move; Fee for the Home Mini program; Offering of a free tariff change to the clients of the company.
- Telecom sale sees late show of strategic investors. Lešenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
Reports the privatization of the dominant telecommunications operator Czech Telecom in the Czech Republic. Advantage of the company of being equal; Requirements for a strategic investor; Analysis of the business performance of the company.
- Telecom courtships conserve mystery as new bidding contenders emerge. Lešenarová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p30
Presents the possible bidding contenders for the privatization of Czech Telecom in the Czech Republic. Names of the financial investors; Analysis of the income of the company; Views of the economic analysts on the marketing performance of Czech Telecom in the economy.
- Alternative telcos take off the gloves. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Reports the complaints of several telecommunication operators against Czech Telecom for allegedly violating laws on tariff programs in Prague, Czech Republic. Restriction of clients from using services of competing operators; Reaction of the public toward tariff programs; Effects of Home Mini...
- Alternative telcos call for CTU to rule on 'colored-line' charges. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Focuses on the disputes between telephone companies due to network interconnection charges offered by Czech Telecom for toll-free and tariff lines in Czech Republic. Plans to liberalize telecommunication market; Intervention of Czech Telecoms Office on the charges; Impact of the charges on the...
- CTU offers new conditions for UMTS licenses. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 42
Reports the offer of Czech Telecommunications Office for UMTS licenses in Czech Republic. Conditions for acquiring third-generation UMTS licenses; Changes in the payment methods; Requirement of a payment plan.
- High hopes dashed for alternative telcos on a difficult market. Lesenarova, Hana; Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p5
Reports on developments related to telecommunication in the Czech Republic, for the week ended November 18, 2001. Uncertainty about the future of Aliatel; Advantages of Czech Telecom over alternative operators; Foreign-owned telecom companies operating in the country.
- Company defends fixed-line fee hikes. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Reports on Czech Telecom's explanation of its decision to increase its rates in January 2002. Redistribution of costs between different parts of the company's operation before the residential market is opened later in 2002; Higher fixed fees for home users; Additional tariffs introduced for...