Gov't told to spell out its plans for steel
- Sonasid plant takes shape. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/20/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p20
Reports the invitation to bid by Sonasid for the construction of a metallic structure for a steel plant in Morocco. Details on the financial worth of the contract; Account on the awarding of construction contract to Danieli and Co.; Location and capacity of the plant.
- Five bid for Esco expansion. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/1/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 22, p21
The article reports that five joint ventures are expected to bid for a continuous casting project for Esfahan Steel Co. (Esco), as Iran seeks to boost its steel production. Following the completion of the pre-qualification process, an invitation to bid is likely to be issued in early June 2007,...
- More time for steel plant bidders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/3/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the decision of Abu Dhabi Investment company to extend the deadline for international companies to submit bids for the contract to build a major greenfield steel plant in United Arab Emirates. Value of the contract; Companies expected to submit their bids; Estimated capacity of the...
- Emirates Steel invites firms for phase 3 of steel plant. NEUHOF, FLORIAN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/5/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that the tender has been launched by Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates-based Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) for the third phase of its Mussafah plant.
- Direct reduction upgrade for KSC. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/31/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p24
Reports on the tender issued by Khouzestan Steel Co. for a major upgrade of direct reduction iron (DRI) capacity at its Ahwaz plan in Iran. Deadline for the bids; Capacity of the DRI modules; Financial source of the project.
- Suicidal bids in structural steel market untenable. // Contract Journal;9/23/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6737, p6
The article focuses on suicidal bidding in the structural steel industry in Great Britain. According to Steve Fareham, managing director of Billington Structures Ltd., the shrinking market for structural steel has lead some fabricators to bid for work below cost. He says that this practice is...
- Emirates Steel plans location change. Baxter, Kevin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 26, p11
The article informs that Emirates Steel Industries (ESI) of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), is planning to move its planned steel plate project from Taweela to Mussafah, a location closer to the firm's main production complex at Abu Dhabi Industrial City. A source close to the project...
- Algoma Steel for sale. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;May2007, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the tender offer of India-based Essar Global Ltd. for Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario-based Algoma Steel. Essar Global is offering a 1.85 billion dollar all-cash for Algoma. Algoma Steel has been an attractive takeover target for two years because of its cash-rich and debt-free...
- July ITB for Khorramshahr steel project. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/1/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p24
Reports on the issuance of an invitation to bid for the Ahwaz Rolling & Pipe Mills Co. steel plant project in Khorramshahr in Iran in July 2005. Information on prequalified engineering, procurement and construction contractors for the project; Facilities included in the steel plant; Projected...