- KTP Quantum clients could be out in cold. // Prague Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p10
Reports the impact of the failure of KTP Quantum on small investors in Czech Republic. Recollection of the company operations of KTP Quantum; Financial issues; Decision of the regional court on the case.
- AUDIT COMMITTEES. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
Details the views of Harvey L. Pitt, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission on the role of audit committees in Europe. Interaction between audit committee, senior management and auditors; Guidance on corporate governance on auditors.
- Tale of the (red) tape. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p17
Gives information on the process of setting up a business and getting the required licenses and permits. Information on permit required to open a restaurant business in Chicago, Illinois; Details on systems which will make applications for licenses and permits less time consuming.
- Some turn red over bureaucracy, but expediters see it as green. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Chicago Business;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pSB8
Presents information on Burnham Nationwide, a company which does legwork for firms who need building permits. Information on companies who get permits from city hall for construction companies; Comments from Robert A. Grela, president of Chicago-based expediting firm Robert A. Grela and...
- Movies, sports, artists, home decor and museums. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p168
Part II. Focuses on the licensing trends for 1998, relating to movies, sports, artists, home decor and museums in the United States. Identification of movies expected to be release for the year; Information of various home decor items; Increase in sports licensing; Factors influences the...
- Value of building permits remains strong despite declines. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;4/11/2003, p3
Reports on the value of building permits in both residential and non-residential sectors in Canada as of April 11, 2003. Amount of building permits issued by municipalities in January 2003; Factors supporting a strong demand for housing; Percentage decline in commercial permits in February 2003.
- Prices. Smith, C. // New York;1/13/92, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
Lists prices for such legalities as a deer-and-bear-hunting license, a two-year VCR repairman's license and a pawnbroker's license.
- Proposed License Fees Are Lower. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p11
Reports that city fees for business license categories would be lowered under a proposed fee structure in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Contribution of the Michigan Municipal League in analyzing the license program of the city; Advantages of using a computer model in the licensing process; Public...
- Pared permit process a boon. Stapleton, Maureen A. // San Diego Business Journal;12/11/95, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p4A
Presents information on the San Diego permitting system. Efforts to improve system; Strategy for system improvement; Training and outreach efforts; Launching of comprehensive permit streamlining and regulatory relief effort; Details on Process 2000.