U.S. Bud could get EU boost
- Budvar wins Budweiser trademark battle in Finland. // Buffalo Law Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p4
The article presents a reprint of the article "Budvar Wins Budweiser Trademark Battle in Finland," which appeared in the "Saint Louis Business Journal." Budejovicky Budvar has claimed that it was permitted by the court to use the Budejovicky Budvar and Budweiser Budvar trademarks in Finland. It...
- Will the Real Budweiser Please Stand Up? Ghebremichael, Asmara // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the true identity of Budweiser. The selling of Budweiser beer and the use of Budweiser trademark were claimed by Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. and Budweiser Budvar. Two breweries have been fighting over who has the exclusive right to produce Budweiser beer. The two companies...
- Postcard: Ceske Budejovice. Zachovalova, Katerina // Time International (Atlantic Edition);10/15/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 15, p18
The article discusses the trademark conflict that has lasted for decades between the Anheuser-Busch company and Budejovicky Budvar, which both produce a beer by the name of Budweiser. The author describes the differences between the two brews and shares some of the concerns of the citizens of...
- Anheuser, Czech brewer disagree over how talks ended. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;10/0196, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
States the the negotiations between Anheuser-Busch, Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar and the Czech Republic government ended. Details of the negotiations; Reason negotiations ended; Comments from Jack Purnell, chairman and chief executive officer of Anheuser.
- Budweiser and Budejovicky in 'historic alliance'. // Food & Drink Technology;Feb2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. has been banned from selling its Budweiser beer in Portugal, due to a 1986 treaty between the Czech Republic and Portugal. Anheuser-Busch had lost the fight to Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar, which has had the right to use the name since the...
- Budvar: living in perfect harmony. // MarketWatch: Drinks;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p5
Reports that state-owned Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar has received permission from British courts to sell its Budweiser brand of beer in Great Britain. Legal and marketing battles with U.S.-based Anheuser-Busch which started in 1911; Impact of the legal dispute on the marketing strategy of...
- New A-B specialty beer targets northern Calif. McDowell, Bill; Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;11/11/96, Vol. 67 Issue 46, p2
Announces that Anheuser-Busch is expanding its line of beers under its Specialty Brewing Group division. Who the brand is aimed exclusively at; Introduction of Pacific Ridge Pale Ale; Advertising campaign; Description of the advertisements.
- No putts about it: Michelob can sure show off its PGA links. Prince, Greg W. // Beverage World;6/30/94, Vol. 113 Issue 1569, p3
Reports on the marketing strategy by Anheuser-Busch for its Michelob beer line. Six-color cans in packs of eighteen; Promotional tie-up with the Professional Golfers Association; Beer can collectors' items.
- Mammoth Missourian out to prove even elephants can play with mice. Prince, Greg W. // Beverage World;5/31/95, Vol. 114 Issue 1592, p1
Focuses on Anheuser-Busch's marketing strategy for its Red Wolf and its other Specialty Brewing Group products. Growth route via the investments of major brewers; Marketing strategies for its beer products.