Polygamy and Its Impact on the Upbringing of Children: A Jordanian Perspective
- Escape From Polygamy. Williams, Florence // Glamour;Dec98, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p286
Relates a story about polygamy or plural marriage. Views on polygamy; Religious aspect of plural marriage.
- Polygamous Family to Challenge Utah's Bigamy Law. Kerner, Antonina // Human Events;7/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the plan of the family of Kody Brown, which practices polygamy according to the religious beliefs of the members, to challenge the law of Utah against bigamy in July 2011.
- Revival of polygamy among Muslims in Britain. // Religion Watch;Sep2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the rise of polygamy cases among Muslims in Great Britain which also trigger a higher number of divorces from intolerant wives that have no legal rights under the Sharia law.
- "They Do Things Differently There": Understanding a Polygamous "Foreign Country". Brown, Barbara Jones // Mormon Historical Studies;Mar2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p53
The essay discusses the Mormon practice of polygamy as it was carried out by Mormon colonists in Mexico. Specific emphasis is given to the polygamous marriages of Mormon bishop Anson Bowen Call. Throughout the article, the author documents his changing perceptions of the use of polygamy by his...
- About the Art. // Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought;Spring2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p219
In this article, the author discusses her artwork "Tanner Spiral," a series of ink paintings on vellum which explore the history of her ancestor, Henry S. Tanner, and his family. Particular focus is given to Tanner's decision to practice polygamy and to the representation of his wives in the...
- The Polygamous Wives Writing Club: From the Diaries of Mormon Pioneer Women. Azzolina, David // Library Journal;5/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p84
No abstract available.
- Factors that influence the legislation of Personal Status Law. Al, Mahasin Abdel // Ahfad Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p59
Presents an abstract of the study 'Factors That Influence the Legislation of Personal Status Law,' by Alia Farag Mustafa, which deals with social and religious implications of polygamy and divorce rights.
- HAGAR REQUITED. Reis, Pamela Tamarkin // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;Mar2000, Issue 87, p75
Provides a reading that affords greater understanding of the biblical representation of Sarah, Hagar, Abraham, Ishmael and God. Practice of both polygamy and concubinage in ancient Hebrews; Emphasis on number seven in the Bible; Pre-Exodus correspondence between Hagar and the Israelites.
- Compound Fracture. Hollandsworth, Skip // Texas Monthly;Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p10
The article presents the author's comments on the decision of the U.S. Child Protective Services (CPS) to remove all children and infants from the polygamists compound Yearning for Zion in Eldorado, Texas in early April 2008, after a child abuse was reported. It informs that CPS sent all the...