OSI Systems [OSIS]: AMETEK Inc.'s [AME]: Raytheon [RTN]: Thermo Fisher Scientific [TMO]: With ASP Effort Over, DNDO Turns Attention to Commercial Alternatives, Handhelds
- Homeland security experts ask private sector for anti-terror technology. Ames, Ben // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the posting of a request by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for 50 types of anti-terror technology. Categories of the anti-terror tools; Demand for custom-design solutions; Detection and decontamination of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear agents.
- Keeping Us Safe. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/5/2001, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the creation of the Office of Homeland Security by United States President George W. Bush designed to protect the country from further terrorist attacks.
- Mission impossible? Brumfiel, Geoff // Nature;9/5/2002, Vol. 419 Issue 6902, p10
Outlines the problems facing the research wing of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which is to be given the task of defending the country against further terrorist attacks. Development of technologies that will detect a terrorist attack, determine its source and mitigate its effects;...
- A Big Change for U.S. Government. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;12/13/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the creation of a U.S. Department of Homeland Security to help the government protect the nation against terrorist attacks.
- Taking security seriously is a community concern. Silverman, Jerry // Washington Jewish Week;8/18/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 33, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Jewish Federations of North America and the Secure Community Network initiative of The Jewish Federations are working together to address the threat of terrorism through its "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;12/8/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
This section offers news briefs related to terror response technology as of December 8, 2010, including Tek84 Engineering Group's Ait84 whole body imaging and shoe scanning system and a plan by House Republican leaders to examine consolidation of committee jurisdictions over the U.S. Department...
- Raytheon [RTN]: L-3 Communications [LLL]: Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/5/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
This section offers news briefs on terror response technology market including a contract received by Raytheon from the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security to develop an impact assessment methodology, a letter of intent signed by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano with Qatar to expand...
- DHS Awards $1.7 Billion in HSGP Funds. // Fire Chief;Jun2006, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has announced the recipients of its 2006 Homeland Security Grant Program Awards in the U.S. The grants will enhance the ability of states, urban areas and territories to prepare for and respond to terrorist attacks and disasters....
- Senate Panel OKs $2.4B Over 6 Years to Improve Port Screening. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32373, p6
The article reports on the approval of a legislation that would authorize providing multimillion-dollar in grants to port operators over six years to help pay for the cost of security improvements by the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee in the U.S. According to Senator...