Aware [AWRE]: Briefing
- THE TAKE-CHARGE GANG. Peck, Keenen // Progressive;May85, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the efforts of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to manage the national security emergency in the U.S. Sponsoring of a conference on how to deal the consequences of terrorism in the local community; Development of information security manuals and technical surveillance...
- Local Briefs. // Ellis County Press;8/27/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p1
The article offers national security news briefs on topics such as registration deadline for flood victims at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and closure of remaining lots at Shaw Creek subdivision in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Reques. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;Oct2013, Vol. 78 Issue 190, p60301
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) seeking comments concerning the data collection activity required to prepare the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) After Action Report (AAR) Improvement Plan (IP) to be submitted...
- Boeing Awarded Contract to Upgrade E-4B Cockpits. // Air Safety Week;6/13/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p5
The article reports that Boeing Co. has awarded a contract to upgrade Communications Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) E-4B which will allow the aircraft to operate more efficiently at airports and in crowded airspace. The aircraft supports the U.S. Federal Emergency...
- Mike Byrne. MCKAY, JIM // Government Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p23
The article focuses on Mike Byrne, National Incident Management Assistance team leader of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), who helped develop Homeland Security Presidential Directive 5 that established the national comprehensive incident management system.
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register;6/18/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 117, p36556
The article offers information on the notices of the Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Department of Homeland Security. It discusses several notifications including amendment of the notice of a major disaster for the State of Oklahoma, amendment of the notice of a major disaster...
- Hampshire, Morgan Counties to Receive Homeland Security Award. PISCIOTTA, MARLA // State Journal (WV);12/20/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p13
The article reports that Hampshire County, West Virginia will receive the West Virginia Homeland Security award through the community ratio system of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to reduce costs on flood insurance premium.
- CHAPTER 1: A STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE ON U.S. HOMELAND DEFENSE: PROBLEM AND RESPONSE. Hamre, John J. // . . . to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common def;9/1/2000, p11
Chapter 1 of the book "â€¦ to insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defenceâ€¦" is presented. It presents the author's opinion on the homeland security concerns of the United States. The federal response plan to emergencies at the local level is based on the Federal...
- Continuing Challenges Impede Progress in Managing Preparedness Grants and Assessing National Capabilities. Jenkins, William O. // GAO Reports;3/20/2012, preceding p1
The article presents a study conducted by the U.S Government Accountability Office regarding grants program to enhance protection from terrorists attack. It is mentioned that GAO has recommended Federal Emergency Management Agency to enhance national preparedness capabilities and strengthen...