America gets back to business
- In praise of knockoffs from this cheapskate. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on imitations in the furniture industry in the United States. Range price of furniture; Furniture for gift giving; Effects of imitations on original manufacturers.
- Townsend-Goddard family of Newport. Jailer-Chamberlain, Mildred // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p20
Features the furniture created by the Townsend-Goddard family of Newport, Rhode Island, from the mid-18th century to the start of the Revolution. Quality and superb design; Carvings and decorative detailing; Precision, flair and artistry; Profiles of the family of furniture makers.
- Working models. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p29
Reports on the products offered by actin furniture manufacturers in the United States. Cost and color of the furniture; American manufacturers' targeting of Europe's developing market.
- Media putting spotlight on industry. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p107
Reports developments in the furniture industry in the U.S. Feature of the home furnishing trends from the The wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and the New York Post periodicals; Segment of the NBC-TV on discount furniture pricing and shopping; Introduction of the furniture markets at...
- Product literature: Division 12. // Architectural Record;Dec1982, Vol. 170 Issue 14, p161
The article provides a list of various literature for furnishings from the U.S., which includes a kitchen brochure from the Poggenpohl USA Corp. in Teaneck, New Jersey, a brochure on acoustical panels from Conwed Corp. in St. Paul, Minnesota, and a brochure on wooden tables from Hardwood House...
- RTA resources cover more and more bases. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p26
Reports the impact of the evolution of ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture in the industry. Limitation of RTA furniture to the bargain bin; Introduction of other materials, product categories and features in RTA furniture; Revival of occasional tables in RTA furniture.
- BDO: Double-digit gains likely in fall. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;7/22/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the projected increase in sales for United States furniture manufacturers for the second half of 2002. Percentage sales gain of the industry for 2002; Impact of the state of consumer confidence on the industry; Economic indicators that showed the industry's sales gains.
- Tupelo buyers go with the action. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p4
Reports on developments relevant to the market for furniture in the U.S. Top companies in the furniture market; Range of furniture products in the market; Price range of products.
- Specialreport. // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p9
Reports on developments relevant to the furniture industry of the U.S. as of August 19, 2002. Range of product offerings in the market; Market demand; Top manufacturers.