Designers Guild brings new look to Norwich
- Aaron gains franchise stores. // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the conversion of the 31 stores of Rosey Rentals to Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership franchise units in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Ambiente eyes 10 franchised stores this year. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p25
Reports the effort of franchising the European contemporary furniture of Ambiente Collection in Raleigh, North Carolina. Launch of additional store outlets; Distribution of container loads to retailers; Creation of identical advertising campaign.
- KA sets 130-store UK franchising target. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p3
Reports on British furniture retailer KA International's plan to open 130 stores by the year 2005 as part of its franchise format.
- Mountain-style furniture store to open doors in Coeur d'Alene. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);1/26/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the opening of Mountain Comfort Furnishing & Design, a retail store that sells mid-range to high-end mountain-style furniture in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. The store will become the eight independently owned franchise outlet of MCF Inc. Mountain Comfort will employ seven people...
- California Closets branches out. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p4
Reports the franchise expansion plan of California Closets in Great Britain. Recovery of California Closets presence in London; Liquidation of Simplify Ltd. in August 2001; Product offers of the company; Open of California Closets branch at London in September 2001.
- Hidden Art moves into the open with first store. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p7
Reports that the Hidden Art scheme that promotes furniture designers and other designer-makers in London, England is to be franchised to cover Cornwall.
- Franchises mooted. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p6
Reports on the plans of Singways to add more franchises to its London store in Great Britain. Company operations.
- Ikea hopes to breed ideas. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;09/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p30
Reports on Sweden-based furniture retailer Ikea's testing of the concept of the franchise store. Number of franchise units in the United States; Total number of franchise stores around the world; Design changes implemented in the San Diego, California store.
- Positive outlook in the gloom. // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p9
The article discusses the author's views on the status of the furniture retail trade in Great Britain. She asserted that the trading conditions have been affected by stiff competition. Most retailers took different approaches so as to attract new customers. Retailers have moved their orders to...