- Silk surges in the U.S. market. Pike, Gerry // International Trade Forum;Jan-Mar91, Issue 1, p4
Reports on the growth of silk market in the United States. Revolutionary and permanent change in the market; New perception of silk; Competitive pricing; New treatments for silk fabric; Imaginative fabrications; Casual styling; New silk consumer; Marketing considerations that suppliers who wish...
- Silk: Sales outlook by sector. Mallory, Beatriz // International Trade Forum;Jan-Mar91, Issue 1, p6
Offers a sales outlook for each sector of the United States silk market. Couture; Ready-to-wear; Men's apparel; Fabrics; Top sellers; Texture or the appearance of texture; Accessories; Design.
- Lyon regaining its lost cachet. Weisman, Katherine; Foley, Bridget // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/12/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the revival of silk fabric makers of Lyon, France. Decline due to competition from Italian fabric firms; Improvements in service; Development of collections with designers; Forms of diversification and innovations.
- Call to impose export duty on silk waste. // Colourage;Jun95, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p86
Reports on the recommendation by an experts committee set up by the Indian government to impose export duty in mulberry silk waste. Unusual increase in the price of the material; Purpose of the proceeds from the duty.
- Japanese technology to help Bengal counter Chinese silk threat. // Colourage;Nov2011, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p91
The article reports that the government of east Indian State of West Bengal has planned to introduce a Japanese technology to enhance its domestic silk industry that is threatened by Chinese silk.
- Silk farming. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
Reports that a group of French business leaders from the Lyon area will revitalize silk farming. Goal in cutting French dependence on silk importation.
- New silk processing technology from PSG. // Colourage;Aug2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p91
Reports on PSG College Technology's development of a silk processing technology in India.
- 12th plan raw silk output target fixed at 32,000 tonnes. // Textile Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the Indian government's production target of 32,000 tonnes of raw silk during the 12th Plan period which was announced by Textiles Minister Kavuri Sambasiva Rao who expects employee generation of around 9.27 million by the terminal year of the 12th Plan period.
- Sales shine for Italy's silk makers. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/17/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 72, p17
Focuses on the silk industry in Como, Italy. Historical information; Export figures for the first half of 1994; Principal destinations for sik fabrics; International status of the region's small- and middle-sized silk companies; Importance of research in the industry.
- Art silk industry in Pakistan. // Economic Review (05318955);Aug98, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p43
Looks at the performance of the art silk industry in Pakistan. Types of art silk fabrics produced locally; Main centers of the industry; Reasons for the small size of silk factories; Production and capacity of art silk fabrics.