Will Mini drive the punters in?
- Singapore industry to honor top factories, stores. // Furniture/Today;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p116
Reports on the move of International Furniture Fair organizers in announcing the finalists in the inaugural Singapore Furniture Industry Awards competition. Schedule of the fair; Categorization of the awards; Names of finalists.
- Six honored in upholstery design competition. // Furniture/Today;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p144
Highlights the fifth annual Under the Covers Upholstered Furniture Design competition in Tacoma, Washington. Winners of the contests; Venue of the event; Names of the judges.
- Retailers issue wake up call for Bed Month. Dixon, Audrey // Cabinet Maker;3/29/2002, Issue 5280, p1
Focuses on the National Bed Month 'Win a Mini' competition. Contention on the competition as a marketing tool; Importance of highlighting different furniture type; Reception of competition forms.
- Losers don't enter. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;2/13/2004, Issue 5375, p3
Comments on the importance of industry awards and competitions for furniture retailers and manufacturers who want to launch a brand into a competitive market.
- Hettich Calls for Submissions. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Oct2004, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p6
Announces that Hettich International is inviting submissions for its Fifth International Furniture Design Competition.
- Hickory chair competition draws 23 entries. LESTER, THOMAS // Furniture/Today;11/10/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p32
The article presents the results of the 2014 inaugural Furniture. Well Crafted. chair competition held in Hickory, North Carolina, including the victory of CR Laine's Gustav chair entry, besting 22 other participants.
- The search is on for the Furniture Factor. // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p17
The article focuses on "Cabinet Maker" magazine's Furniture Factor competition in Great Britain. The contest aims to recognize those people making a difference to the furniture industry. It is composed of the following categories: going the extra mile; on the ball and team player. Experts from...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;10/11/2002, Issue 5308, p25
Reports developments related to the furniture industry in Great Britain as of October 2002. Details of a sleep-in competition initiated by Discount Beds owner Alan Eades; Benefits of a sofa; Updates on the annual upholstery and curtain fabric exhibition organized by the Trade Link Co.
- Young stars shine on. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p8
The article reports that the Great Britain's 16 best young designers have been chose from 500 contenders for The Lighting Association's Student Lighting Design Awards 200. It states that the competition allows students to gain valuable knowledge about the furniture industry, while using their...