- Suppliers impress mfrs. with cushion options. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p58
Reports on the cushion options offered by suppliers of key mattress components to bed manufacturers in the United States. Foamex's introduction of a foam called Quilt Flex; Fiber producers' development of pre-compressed fibers that won't settle even after prolonged use.
- Mattress industry usually posts gains during presidential election year. // Furniture/Today;12/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on an analysis of bedding industry performance in U.S. presidential years dating back to the 1980s, which claims that the industry will post modest unit gains next year.
- MATTRESS PADS. // Home Textiles Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p13
Ranks the top manufacturers of mattress pads in the United States. Top position taken by Louisville Bedding; Comparison between 1999 and 2000 sales; Largest percentage gain posted by Pacific Coast Feather; Manufacturers' efforts to introduce newer and better products.
- About the numbers. // Furniture/Today;6/17/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p9
Offers information on a report by the periodical 'Furniture/Today' about bedding market share of manufacturers in the United States in 2001. Survey of leading bedding producers and suppliers; Figures for U.S. wholesale bedding shipments; Ways in which market share calculations were performed.
- Business ebbs and flows, but growth still in cards. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/25/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p18
The article offers the author's insights regarding the marketing performance of the mattress industry from January to April 2011, and which led to good marketing forecasts for the bedding products throughout the year.
- Bedding and mattresses. Shaw, Russell // Hotel & Motel Management;01/10/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p68
Presents Web sites of bedding and mattress companies in the United States. Includes Cannon; Capital Bedding; Dade Contract Bedding; Fabtex; Marietta Drapery.
- MATTRESS PADS. // Home Textiles Today;2002 Business Annual, p18
Presents a chart depicting on the sales of mattress pads. Product expansion of Louisville Bedding; Growth of visco-elastic foam pads; Ranks vendors base on sales.
- Topple in the toon. // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2010, Issue 5705, p5
The article reports on the recruitment of 600 volunteers by mattress manufacturer Palatine Beds for its attempt to break the human mattress domino record in October 2010.
- The ins and outs of mattress flammability. // Furniture/Today;2004 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 28, p15
Reports on an outline of flammability issues for the U.S. mattress industry. Reduction of mattress fires caused by cigarette ignition; Response of the Sleep Products Safety Council to the increase of bedding fires; Result of a study on fire conditions from real-life open-flame ignition.