Counter compensation culture
- Conditional enforcement of IRS summons. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p25
Reports the United States Supreme Court's ruling of a district court order conditionally enforcing an Internal Revenue Service summons as final and appealable to the court of appeals.
- ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICE. // Tax Lawyer;Summer86, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p787
Reports the proposed regulations concerning the implementation of summons rules in Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 in the United States. Cases and rulings on attorney's fees; Limitations in the filing of refund suits; Reference to the decision of the court on Lojeski v. Boandle...
- IRAN-BAHRAIN. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);11/21/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5223, p16
The article reports on the summon called by Iran to Bahrain's charge d'affaires to reject baseless claims that a terrorist cell said to have been busted in Bahrain had links to Tehran.
- Courting trouble. Steingold, Fred S. // American Nurseryman;6/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 12, p59
Offers advice on ways to avoid lawsuits. Determining the length of time required to respond to a summon; Reviewing a complaint; Negotiating a settlement with the plaintiff.
- Service without a smile. Mohr, Anthony J. // Nation's Business;Oct93, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p70
Focuses on the need for companies and individuals to understand how to serve notice of a suit and how to respond when served. Use of first-class mail as norm in federal courts; Points about hand-delivery of legal papers; Informing company attorney upon receipt of legal papers; Pretrial...
- Pope summons U.S. cardinals to Rome. Moorer, Talise D. // New York Amsterdam News;4/18/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p4
Reports the summon of U.S. cardinals by Pope John Paul II to Rome. Sex scandals charged against churches; Number of complaints from abuse victims; Calls for Cardinal Bernard Law to resign from the Boston archdiocese.
- THE SUMMONS. Barth, Melissa E. // Magill Book Reviews;
John Grisham returns to the Mississippi setting of his first novel, A Time to Kill, to unravel the mystery surrounding a dysfunctional southern family.
- Legals -- First insertions. // Buffalo Law Journal;2/14/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p14
The article presents several legal public notices for the New York state area as of February 14, 2008. They include notices of sale of several properties located in Amherst, Buffalo and Bayshore. Also included are notices of change of name of Renita Danette Jaycox and Allan Baldawi, and summons...
- LEGALS. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/26/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 34, p5
The article announces sales auctions, court summons and other legal notices.