Mystery Shopper: Manchester
- Tide turns in favour of New Year's Day opening. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p4
Reports that the furniture stores of Furnitureland, Uno and Harveys will be open on January 1, 2000.
- Landmark boss scotches Furnitureland rumour. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p3
Reports on the statement by Malcolm Parkinson, chief executive of British furniture firm Landmark, that the firm has no plan to buy Furnitureland. Purchase of Furnitureland in January 1998 by Steven Boler who died in November 1998; Store expansion.
- Furnitureland sales up 14%. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p3
The article presents information about Furnitureland Inc., which has reported a 14 percent rise in sales since December 26, 2004, bucking the downturn in the retail furniture sector. Steve Adams, joint managing director of the company, said that the furniture industry was in danger of talking...
- Payback time at Furnitureland. Gray, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p9
The article explores the controversies facing the collapsed Furnitureland Inc. in Great Britain. The author comments on the decision of SB Capital not to support the chain. She believes that SB must have projected that returns on the closing down sales offered more potential than continued...
- This week. // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p2
Reports on developments related to the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of September 3, 1999. La-Z-Boy UK's halt in the production of its Swivel Glider Recliner; Trucks to be provided by Lex Transfleet to Furnitureland; Launch of the Furniture Industry Environment Trust.
- An easy to use and clear site for promoting Furnitureland. // Cabinet Maker;04/20/2001, Issue 5234, p4
Evaluates the Furnitureland.co.uk web site, the home page of Great Britain-based Furnitureland's marketing web site.
- Consumer ignore downturn fears. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2001, Issue 5267, p2
Reports the sales performance of furniture industry despite economic downturn in Great Britain. Number of people wanting pre-Christmas delivery from Furnitureland; Consumer purchases at Cousins; Products contributing the major sales at John Lewis.
- New look for Furnitureland. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p5
Reports on Furnitureland's launched of a retail format at its Stevanage and Leicester stores in England. Comments of Peter Dickson, chairman, on the format; Resignation of finance director Garry Hirst.
- Undercover Stevenage. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2004, Issue 5387, p12
Presents result of a survey on sales techniques of furniture companies in London, England. Professionalism of the salesman at Furnitureland Inc; Discounts offered by ScS Inc; Comparison on sales techniques between both companies.