- Sales shake up at Wade and Welbeck. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p6
Reports on the introduction of distinct sales and marketing strategies at Wade Upholstery and sister company Wellbeck House. Departure of Paul Longmuir from the company; Appointment of Nigel Hennigan as Wade Upholster sales and marketing director.
- Furniture stores are top sales channel for bedding. French, Dana // Furniture/Today;2004 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 29, p4
Focuses on the business performance of several furniture stores in the U.S. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firms; Increase on the level of consumer spending; Assessment on the quality of the products. INSETS: About the survey;Lost opportunities;Terminology.
- What lies in store for 2004? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/2003, Issue 5369, p8
Focuses on the business performance of various furniture companies in the year 2004. Level of competition; Assessment on the quality of the products; Analysis on the revenue growth of the company.
- Steady sales despite the Easter jet-setters. // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p3
Focuses on the business performance of various furniture retailers in Great Britain. Analysis on the revenue growth of the firms; Level of competition; Increase of consumer spending.
- Survival In The Korean Furniture Industry: Value-chain Networking. Winter, Gregory S.; McIntosh, John; May, David // Journal of Managerial Issues;Winter2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p450
Explores the development and performance of value chain firms in the Korean furniture industry. Use of core competence concept to identify appropriate partners for a hub firm; Determinants of profitability among network firms; Examination of the correlations between the study variables and...
- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- Pennsylvania House gets back to basics. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p1
Reports the management changes in Pennsylvania House furniture company. Quality of products; Effectiveness of sourcing; Growth in gallery distribution.
- Contract move for Newplan. Westphal // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discloses furniture manufacturer Newplan's plan to enter the contract sector as part of a series of initiatives launched since sales director Robert Hassell's entry into the firm.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p6
Responds to inquiries related to the management of furniture companies in Great Britain. Dealing with customer complaints about beds; Provision of the Supply of Goods Act.