Wonderwall for future kitchens
- UK sites taken out of Europan. Horton, Chris // Building Design;1/31/2003, Issue 1564, p3
Focuses on the withdrawal of the Royal Institute of British Architects in a building design competition in Europe. Criticism from architects and developers; Reasons of the organization for withdrawing from the competition.
- Competition to Contribute to the Tradition of the English Country House. Rouchell, Michael // Classicist;2008, Issue 7, p109
The article focuses on the English Country House Competition, sponsored by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). The goal of the competition was to select an architect for the Cardale Family home which is located near Ozelworth, Gloucestershire, England. It discusses the design...
- Competitions should prize clarity. // Building Design;6/7/2013, Issue 2064, p2
The article reports on the response of the contestants of Royal Institute of British Architects' McCarthy and Stone Re-imagine Ageing competition on the failure of the competition to address transparency for the winners.
- Engineers challenged to design new pylon. // Environmental Engineering;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on a competition run by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) for the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) of Great Britain and National Grid challenging architects, designers and engineers to create designs for a new generation of electricity pylon.
- Six in frame for Walsall library. Lazell, Marguerite // Building Design;12/7/2007, Issue 1799, p7
The article reports that Fat, Featherstone Associates and Panter Hudspith are included in the six shortlisted practices in a Royal Institute of British Architects competition to design a new landmark library building in Walsall, England. The six practices were selected from more than 70...
- Five shortlisted in RIBA 'back-to-back* contest. // Building Design;8/31/2007, Issue 1785, p5
The article identifies the shortlisted companies for a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) competition to transform Victorian terraced houses in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. Design Group 3 is one of the five firms being shortlisted. Others include Above & Beyond of Huddersfield,...
- Art space design contest launched. // Building Design;10/12/2007, Issue 1791, p8
The article presents information about the competition that has been organized by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) London and Arts Council for new arts spaces. Conceptual designs are being invited in the contest in order to free architects from the constraints of construction...
- Expo competition courts young firms. // Building Design;6/6/2008, Issue 1822, p5
The article reports that the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has organized a competition for young architects to design the first phase of the 65 hectares Scotswood Exposition in Newcastle, England. The building is part of a Â£450 million, mixed-use development which will create...
- NEWS ANALYSIS. // Building Design;6/8/2007, Issue 1774, p8
The article offers news briefs related to architecture in Great Britain. English Heritage has urged people to nominate Stonehenge as one of the new seven wonders of the world. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has launched a competition to create innovative modernization schemes...