Leekes in relocation threat
- Road safety report: brickbats and bouquets. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/26/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6464, p264
Reports the status of the road safety measures in Great Britain. Problems in road accidents despite the compulsory wearing of front seat belts; Proposals to experiment with raising speed limits on motorways; Failure of the House of Commons Transport Committee on testing drivers for alcohol;...
- 27 Accidents, 14 Deaths Daily. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);11/1/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p4
The article discusses traffic accidents and road deaths in Pakistan which are mainly due to poor road conditions, lack of road safety measures, and bad driving.
- Qatar: Road safety drive cuts number of motor accidents in 1H. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Oct2016, p12
The article reports on a decline in the number of road accidents in Qatar from January to June 2016, partly due to the efforts of the authorities to improve road safety in the country, according to Doha News, and also mentions the increase in the number of accidents with injuries for the period.
- Road safety--who cares? Ockwell, Anthony // OECD Observer;Mar99, Issue 216, p39
Focuses on road safety in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development countries. Prediction on road accidents as third cause of mortality by the year 2020; Impact of deaths and injuries in road crashes on economy; Insurance payments as evaluation to property damage;...
- SAFE SLEDDING. Cook, Mathew // Boise Weekly;1/16/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p5
A letter to the editor is presented on topics related to a traffic accident at Simplot Hill in Boise, Idaho and the issue of changing the safety standards.
- WHO and FIA Join Efforts for Road Safety. // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p78
Discusses the joint efforts of the World Health Organization and the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile to improve road safety. Exposure of phenominal increase in road traffic injuries; Efforts of preventing people from falling victim to road traffic collisions; Reviews of strategies for...
- WHO scientist predicts Decade of Action for Road Safety may save 5 million lives. Craven, Jeff; Press, Robert // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p19
The article reports that World Health Organization Global Alliance for the Care of the Injured founder Manjul Joshipura forecasted that the United Nations 2011-2020 Decade of Action for Road Safety campaign will have potential save 5 million people from vehicular accidents.
- GB second for road safety as car deaths halved across EU. Ebbs, Chris // Auto Express;5/7/2014, Issue 1318, p18
The article presents a report by the European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) as of early May 2014, which showed that such countries as Great Britain (GB), Switzerland and Sweden are the safest countries for car occupant deaths per billion vehicle kilometer (km) travelled.
- MISTAKES MADE, LESSONS LEARNED. Condon, Ken // Motorcyclist;Jul2015, Issue 1508, p86
The article discusses common mistakes in motorcycling including miscalculations caused by lack of experience and knowledge, allowing peer pressure influence behavior and better judgment and mechanical problems on the motorcycle.