Small problem with kitchens
- Gary Gordon on... // Housewares;Jul2005, Issue 191, p34
Presents views about the trends in the houseware industry in Great Britain. Return of color in housewares; Utilization of the Internet by retailers; Cost of retailing.
- Home smart home. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7605, p16
Focuses on a project by LG Electronics that uses automated household appliances at a window display at Harrods department store in London, England. Overview of kitchen appliances with Internet-capabilities; Cost of the appliances; Advantages of having an Internet device in the kitchen; Problems...
- Showrooming. Aspatore, Lynn // Kitchen & Bath Business;Oct2013, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p39
The article discusses the growing trend in showrooming in the kitchen and bath industry. It argues on the power of the Internet in influencing the purchasing decisions of consumers. It also presents suggestions on handling consumers such as knowing clients' specific needs, offering deals on...
- Out of the Box. Schoenbaum, Meryl // Romantic Homes;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
The article presents tips on how to collect the best miniature posters of vintage crate labels for use in adorning theme kitchens. The author shares that a label's historical aspect is an important factor in choosing a crate which can easily be determined by the help of the Internet. It is...
- New fixtures for kitchen and bath. // Architectural Record;Apr1991, Vol. 179 Issue 4, p45
Offers a look at some of the newest fixtures for kitchens and bathrooms, including cooktop components, Italian-designed faucets, and a whirlpool shower.
- Kitchens play the quality game. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1996, p34
Focuses on likely trends in kitchen furniture and built-in appliances in Great Britain. Preference for paler and subtle colors; Wooden styles; Integrated systems; Efforts of the merchant sector to sell the kitchen as a package. INSET: Quality issue gets seal of approval..
- Shrinking sinks; growing margins. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1996, p40
Focuses on changes in the design and use of kitchen sinks. Decrease in the size of sinks; Effects of the advent of dishwashers; Use of sinks as extra food preparation areas; Technological innovations in sinks in Great Britain.
- Country kitchens. // Country Living;Mar1985, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p94
Two kitchens are shown, one a separate storage larder adjacent to a 1730 main house which was restored and updated as a workable country kitchen. The other one shown is an Orient Point, NY home. Both show special furnishings such as bark-covered beams, punched-tin lights and cabinet-door...
- Country kitchens. // Country Living;Aug85, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p87
Two kitchens--both reminiscent of the past. One is in a new Texas log cabin that was built to look old. The other is in a restored carriage house in Calif., which still has its original wood cabinets, and old wooden transom windows.