- APPROVAL GIVEN. Smith, Bruce A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/29/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p21
Reports the approval for the development of the H-IIA-204 vehicle with four solid rocket boosters in Japan. Inauguration of ETS-8 engineering test satellite; Use of four large Nissan SRB to study the development of two-engine.
- Russia, S. Korea to jointly develop rocket-satellite program in blow to North. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;7/25/2012, p10
The article reports that South Korea and Russia have decided to work together to build a rocket and launch a South Korean satellite into orbit in October 2012. Russia will develop the first stage of rocket, which requires more thrust and lifting power, and the second stage will be the...
- India set national record with successful launch of 20 satellites in single mission. // Eastern Eye;7/1/2016, Issue 1360, p18
The article informs India has successfully launched a rocket carrying 20 satellites from the U.S., Germany, Canada, from Sriharikota, India.
- Orbital Express Launches Successfully. Smith, Rick // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/14/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the success of the launch of the Atlas V rocket which carries the Orbital Express Satellite.
- Russian horse, western rider. // Popular Mechanics;Aug94, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p20
Reports on modifications in the operating procedures performed by Russia's Proton Rockets when they are used in launching Western satellites.
- Taurus Launch Failure Sends Orbimage Into Restructuring. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/1/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p44
Reports effects of the loss of Orbview 4 satellite from a launch failure of the Taurus rocket in the United States. Restructuring of debt under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code; Factors of the loss of the satellite; Response of the National Aeronautics & Space Administration to the incident.
- Is It a New Moon? // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/25/2002, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the object discovered by scientists circling around earth. Number of days the satellite completes its orbit; Origin of the 'new moon'; Details on the Saturn V rocket.
- GSLV Mission Fails as Rocket Explodes Midair. // India -- West;12/31/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, pA40
The article reports on the failure of the India's space program to launch a communication satellite aboard a homegrown vehicle due to the explosion of GSAT-5P rocket midair.
- Blast derails media companies. // MediaWeek;1/30/95, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p4
Reports that a satellite-bearing rocket's explosion in January 1995 above Sichuan Province, China destroyed the Apstar-2 satellite which was scheduled to provide transponder space to American media firms expanding in Asia.