Boston Fights Truancy With Technology
- Truancy: Secondary Schools. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p58
Focuses on the steps of Great Britain Education Department in preventing truancy in secondary school and grammar school children. Improvement on the school attendance of the pupils; Basis of poor attendance; Assessment on the education program of secondary school students.
- IS SCHOOL CRISIS BAD FOR BUSINESS? Grund, John M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on the public school crisis in Portland, Oregon. Statewide spending of public schools; Effects of school crisis on economic development; School attendance in schools.
- SOCIAL STATUS, ACCULTURATION AND SCHOOL ATTENDANCE IN 1850 BOSTON. Wilkie, Jane Riblett // Journal of Social History;Winter77, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p179
Focuses on public school attendance in the mid-19th century urban U.S. Test of the ideals of socio-economic opportunity; Differences of the access to education for blacks and white foreign-born groups of comparable background; Impact of race and origin on school attendance including the role of...
- Detroit Fights Truancy With Threats Of Jail Time. // Curriculum Administrator;Feb2000, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the implementation of a jail term for parents of truant students in the public school system of Detroit, Michigan. Goal of the rules to improve school attendance; Reaction from civil rights groups.
- New school system results in better Aboriginal attendance. MCNEIL, SUSAN // Alberta Sweetgrass;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p16
The article offers information on how the quad system of the High Level Public School (HLPS) results in better attendance of the Aboriginal students.
- Defense of Home Instruction `Not Warranted'. Zirkel, Perry A. // Education Week;10/30/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p19
The article comments on the statement of Patricia M. Lines on issues of traditional schooling in the U.S. Some states do not allow the home instruction and the prosecution of home-schooling cases is creating a truancy for individuals attending school. The states should find a way in promoting...
- Wyoming Teachers Urge Ban on Jobs During School Hours. // Education Week;4/18/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the prohibition of public school students from holding jobs that require them to work during school days. During the 52nd Annual Wyoming Education Assembly, a resolution prohibiting public school students to work during school days was unanimously approved. The teachers in...
- Attendance Contest Works All Too Well. // Education Week;10/5/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p3
The article reports attendance-motivation contest as an affective way of monitoring public school attendance in Denver, Colorado.
- Attendance Low At CPS Alternative Schools. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;9/12/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the low attendance of students at Chicago Public Schools (CPS) alternative schools in Illinois.