Western Snags Roaming Pact With AT&T
- Network Sharing Could Hurt Small Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the possible impact of the network sharing agreements of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless on the stocks of Western Wireless Corp. and Leap Wireless International Inc.
- CINGULAR WIRELESS EXPANDS WIRELESS SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Nov2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the definitive agreement among Cingular Wireless, AT&T Wireless and Triton PCS on October 21, 2004. Terms of the agreement; Background on the telecommunications companies.
- AT&T Wireless: all over now. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Reports on Vodafone's withdrawal of its bid for AT&T Wireless. Triumph of Cingular Wireless in the bidding for AT&T; Expected year of completion of Cingular's bid; Significance of the bid for Vodafone; Background on Vodafone's need for a stronger presence in the American telecommunication market.
- Dobson, Cingular ink new roaming deal. // RCR Wireless News;8/8/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a roaming agreement between Dobson Communications Corp. and Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. in 2005. Effect of the agreement on an existing deal between Dobson, Cingular and AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Value of roaming revenue reported by Dobson in the first quarter of the year;...
- AT&T Wireless: all over now. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p171
Focuses on the terms of the agreement signed between AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. Expansion on the market share of the firm; Retention of loyal customers; Maximization on the revenue growth of the company.
- FCC requests more detail from Alltel on Western Wireless buy. // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the request of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to Alltel Corp. to provide additional information regarding its pending acquisition of Western Wireless Corp. Coverage of the request; Similarity of the request with the FCC filings relating to the acquisition of AT&T...
- Cingular, CWA negotiate union contract. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/31/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a dispute on a post-merger job cuts at Cingular Wireless L.L.C. and union-management negotiations over a new contract covering wireless workers in the U.S. in 2005. Views of Candace Johnson, a spokesperson for the Communications Workers of America (CWA), on an oral commitment...
- Cingular, AT&T Will Split Costs. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless to share the cost of building out global system for mobile communication/general packet radio service (GSM/GPRS) coverage along interstate highways in nine states in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Expectations from the joint...
- One network, two GSM players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the joint venture forged by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless. Aims of the joint venture; Reason of the companies for forging a joint venture.