FCC Approves Priority Access
- VoiceStream can provide priority access. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p10
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has granted a waiver to VoiceStream Wireless Corp. to provide wireless priority access service to local, state and federal officials. Terms of the waiver; Significance of the waiver to government managers.
- FCC Revises E-911 Phase II Schedule, Lets VoiceStream Go Hybrid. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p16
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has granted extension to wireless service providers to comply with the E-911 Phase II implementation plan. Implication of the compliance deadline on automatic-location identification (ALI) capable handsets for wireless...
- VoiceStream asks FCC to reconsider Gulf decision. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the request of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reconsider its decision to limit wireless services in the Gulf or Merxico. Criticisms on the FCC; Information on VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Ad Fuels Complaint. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Urges the United States Federal Communications Commission by the the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus Inc. to review VoiceStream Wireless Corp. print advertising to determine if they misled the public about the carrier's network coverage.
- VoiceStream Wireless. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on wireless communication carrier VoiceStream Wireless. Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Implication of Deutsche Telekom's purchase of VoiceStream for the company.
- T-Mobile launches in Calif., Nevada. // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the launching of the T-Mobile brand into the U.S. market by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with a voice and data campaign in California and Nevada. Features of the T-Mobile Get More services; Number of states being catered by the service.
- Data over the voicestream. // Telephony;10/20/97, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p26
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless' introduction of @Stream, a wireless electronic mail delivery system that allows its customers to receive messages via their personal communication services handsets.
- Work in Progress: VoiceStream Prepares Chicago. // Wireless Week;05/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p10
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless company has begun offering roaming for its global system for mobile communication customers in Chicago, Illinois. Background on its partner, Cook Inlet Region Inc.; Overview of their licenses; Comments from James Healy, president of Cook Inlet.
- VoiceStream files priority access waiver. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p26
Reports on the priority access waiver filed by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Complaints of VoiceStream on the plan of the United States government to award an expedited priority access contract to Verizon Wireless; Plans of the National Communications System on wireless priority access; Statement...