- A problem shared. Short, Clare // New Statesman;11/28/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4362, p24
Discusses the need for social solidarity as well as scientific advance to tackle HIV/AIDS. Estimated number of AIDS sufferers; Prohibitive cost of drug therapies; Need to make condoms available and affordable; Needed improvement of sex education.
- Mayors announce HIV/AIDS prevention grant program. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the US Conference for Mayors, in cooperation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has issued a call for proposals for its HIV/AIDS Prevention Grants Program. Program description; Contact information.
- 1990's: The decade of Aids mortality. Atwood, J. Brian // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/95, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p716
Presents a speech given by the administrator for United States Agency for International Development delivered before the Third USAID HIV/AIDS Prevention Conference in Washington, DC, on August 7, 1995, and dealing with the issue of the fight against HIV infections and AIDS.
- 2nd International Conference on AIDS in India, December 1999. Samuel, N.M. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p89
Details several recommended preventive measures for HIV and AIDS disease as stated on the second International Conference on AIDS on December 5-8, 1999 in Chennai, India.
- AIDS conference addresses African-American AIDS epidemic. Elder, Michaelyn C. // New York Amsterdam News;09/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p15
Reports on the highlights of the National HIV Prevention Conference held on August 29-September 1, 1999, in Atlanta, Georgia. Focus on five HIV/AIDS issues affecting the United States population; Disparity between the number of incidences of white and Afro-American infection and mortality;...
- Global AIDS pandemic wanes. Colbert, Chuck // Bay Area Reporter;11/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p1
The article offers information the global community efforts to prevent HIV infections and reduce the cases of AIDS.
- VIEWPOINT. // Washington Informer;2/9/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p7
This article presents views of several persons about how to prevent HIV and AIDS.
- White House announces nat'l HIV/AIDS strategy. // Windy City Times;7/14/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that the U.S. government has released the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) and the NHAS Federal Implementation Plan on July 13, 2010 to combat the growing HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy announced by US govt. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/24/2010, Issue 608, p14
The article reports on the new National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) announced by the U.S. government in conjunction with the NHAS Federal Implementation Plan.