Comparative Effects of Sequential Behavior Feedback and Goal-Setting Across Peer-Teaching and Field-Based Practice Teaching
- Cooperating Teacher Perceptions of and Experiences in the Student Teaching Practicum. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1998, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p214
Examines the cooperating teacher (CT) perceptions of and experiences in the student teaching practicum. Impact of practicum on teaching beliefs in physical education; Interactions between CT and student teachers; Importance of constructivist theory of learning in understanding CT perceptions of...
- The existence of conflicting perceptions in a secondary physical education student teaching... Askins, Jeanette Crawfo; Imwold, Charles H. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p35
Describes the experience of one secondary physical education intern as he progressed through the student teaching experience. Student teacher's interactions with other participants; Behaviors during teaching episodes; Documents and reflective journal entries; Conflicting perceptions; Social issues.
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Cooperating Teachers' Perceptions About The Student Teaching Experience. Hynes-Dusel, Joanne Margaret // Physical Educator;Early Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p186
Provides information on a study which explored the perceptions of cooperating teachers regarding the substance, appropriateness and value of the physical education student teaching practicum. Identification of areas which needed improvement; Guide for the development of further program...
- An analysis of the clinical experience in teacher education in physical education within... Sparks, Bill; Steffen, Jeff // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p27
Examines the student teaching component of pre-servile physical education teacher education programs across the United States. Comparison of the characteristics of these programs with those recommended Association of Teacher Educators (ATE) guidelines.
- Investigating the Impact of Teacher Socialization on a Physical Education Teacher Candidate during the Student Teaching Process. Hushman, Glenn // Teacher Education Quarterly;Fall2013, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p81
The article discusses the study that determined how teacher socialization influences a Physical Education (PE) teacher candidate during the student teaching process. Topics discussed include recruitment, professional socialization, and occupational socialization as the three phases of...
- Student Teaching in Physical Education. Wylie, James A. // Education;Nov1943, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p187
The article reviews the book "Student Teaching in Physical Education," by Germaine G. Guiot.
- Practicum in a Self-Contained Environment: Pre-Service Teacher Perceptions of Teaching Students with Disabilities. Rust, Ryan; Sinelnikov, Oleg // Physical Educator;Late Winter2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p33
The purpose of this study was to explore pre-service physical education teacher perceptions of teaching students with disabilities and professional preparation in a self-contained environment during a student teaching practicum. Data collection included formal interviews, informal interviews,...
- Facilitating Preservice Teachers' Reflection through Interactive Online Journal Writing. Lee, Okseon // Physical Educator;Fall2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p128
The purpose of this study was to examine the effectiveness of interactive online journal writing on physical education teacher candidates' reflection, and to explore the content and functions of such reflection during field experience. Four participants selected from a pool of students enrolled...