- Overcoming challenges to sustainable immunization financing: early experiences from GAVI graduating countries. Saxenian, Helen; Hecht, Robert; Kaddar, Miloud; Schmitt, Sarah; Ryckman, Theresa; Cornejo, Santiago // Health Policy & Planning;Mar2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p197
Over the 5-year period ending in 2018, 16 countries with a combined birth cohort of over 6 million infants requiring life-saving immunizations are scheduled to transition (graduate) from outside financial and technical support for a number of their essential vaccines. This support has been...
- The GAVI Alliance. // Journal of Global Health;Jun2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p13
This section offers news briefs concerning the nonprofit organization the GAVI Alliance as of June 2014. Topics discussed include the GAVI Alliance among the leaders in aid reporting transparency according to the 2013 report "Publish What You Fund," the U.S. appropriating an additional 175...
- Germany contributes 20 Million Euros to EAC to support immunisation programme in collaboration with GAVI. // African Business News;4/17/2014, p9
The article informs about an intergovernmental agreement signed between the Federal Republic of Germany and the East African Community (EAC) which aims at providing vaccinations in the area. As mentioned, the government will provide a fund of 20 million euros for the formation of an immunization...
- The GAVI Alliance. // Journal of Global Health;Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the public-private global health partnership GAVI Alliance as of June 2012. GAVI decided to add human papillomavirus vaccines to its list of vaccines subsidized in the poorest countries. The GAVI has set new prices with manufacturers for vaccines against...
- The GAVI Alliance. // Journal of Global Health;Jun2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the GAVI Alliance, a public-private global health partnership, as of June 2013. The drug firm GlaxoSmithKline has planned to establish a joint venture with the drug firm Biological E Ltd. for a polio vaccine. The alliance will fund immunization projects...
- GAVI Alliance commits US$100 million to fight meningitis. // Africa Health;May2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that the GAVI Alliance has committed 100 million dollars funding to help fight meningitis cases in African nations such as Cameroon, Chad, and Nigeria.
- The GAVI Alliance. // Journal of Global Health;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the public health as of January 1, 2015. Topics discussed include the development of an Ebola vaccine by the nonprofit organization GAVI Alliance, the plan of the pharmaceutical company Pfizer to cut the price of its pneumococcal vaccine Prevenar and the...
- The GAVI Alliance will provide funding for 16 developing countries to introduce rotavirus vaccines. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;10/15/2011, Issue 639, p10
The article reports that the GAVI Alliance will provide funds to 16 developing countries to introduce rotavirus vaccines while 18 others will receive funds to introduce pneumococcal vaccination programmes.
- Tiered pricing would improve access to vaccines. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Mar2014, Vol. 699 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the statement issued by Seth Berkley of the GAVI Alliance on the need for a transparent and tiered pricing model for vaccines.