Antiplatelet therapy guidelines
- Ant iplatelet drugs, anticoagulants and elective surgery. McCullough, Michael // Australian Prescriber;Oct2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p143
The article provides information on the adverse effects of antiplatelet drugs and anticoagulants during surgery and also informs about the guidelines of dental management for patients.
- Canadian society issues guidelines on antiplatelet use. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;11/27/2010, Issue 617, p14
The article offers information on guidelines to be issued by the Canadian Cardiovascular Society on the use of antiplatelet therapy.
- Updated antiplatelet guideline reflects new drugs, research. // Cardiology Today;Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p38
The article reports on an update on the clinical practice guideline from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons on the use of antiplatelet drugs during cardiac surgery, which was published in the "Annals of Thoracic Surgery."
- Combined anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy in AF patients: why do we not follow guidelines? Brandes, Axel // Heart;Oct2014, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p1565
The author reflects on a study related to European guidelines recommended treatment strategy for atrial fibrillation (AF) and coronary artery disease without an accepted indication for combined oral anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy. Topics discussed include need to understand for...
- Upper limb regional anaesthesia and altered coagulation function. Barker, R.; Kelkar, A.; Searle, A.; Niraj, G. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Mar2013, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p486
No abstract available.
- BRILINTA (ticagrelor) Receives Additional Class I Recommendation in Updated ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Management of UA/NSTEMI Patients. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/19/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that a class I recommendation has been included for the oral antiplatelet medicine BRILINTA by the experts from the American College of Cardiology Foundation and American Heart Association. It further informs that BRILINTA is used for the treatment of unstable angina and...
- clopidogrel. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p469
A definition of the medical term "clopidogrel," which refers to a platelet aggregation inhibitor intended for reducing atherosclerotic events, is presented.
- antiaggregant, platelet. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p144
A definition of the term "platelet antiaggregant," which refers to a type of medicine, is presented.
- antiplatelet. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p153
A definition of the medical term "antiplatelet" is presented, which pertains to a substance that destroys or inactivates platelets, inhibiting them from forming blood clots.