- SinglePayer Plan Reintroduced in California. Hwang, Lucia // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Mar2007, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that California State Senator Sheila Kuehl reintroduced the SB 840 bill on January 27, 2007. The bill would establish single-payer healthcare coverage for the state's residents. Under the legislation, all Californians would have health insurance paid for through a combination...
- Single-Payer Fight Moves to States. Mello, Felicia // National Nurse;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- Ex-actor vs. ex-actor in single-payer effort. Greenwald, Judy; Roberts, Sally; Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;3/12/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p35
The article focuses on the attempts by California Senator Sheila Kuehl to introduce a single-payer legislation in the state. Calling California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's health reform proposal a giveaway to insurers, Senator Sheila Kuehl has introduced single-payer legislation for the...
- Healthcare bill damages democracy. Wharton, Billy // Green Left Weekly;4/21/2010, Issue 834, following p4
The article presents the author's views regarding the U.S. healthcare reform bill. It mentions that the bill is a demonstration of the power of corporate money and influence in the U.S. politics and that it contains loopholes that allow insurance companies to continue its corrupt practices. The...
- DISPATCHES. // Progressive Populist;12/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
The article offers news briefs related to medical care policy in the U.S. The Progressive House of Congress failed to force a vote on the national single-payer health care system, or even hold on amendments which allows states to form their own single-payer plans. The House bill HR 3962 was...
- Just Do It. Foucher, Bill // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May2013, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Desperately Seeking Innovation" by Paul Barr, which appeared in the April 10, 2013 issue of the electronic news letter "H&HN Daily".
- Single Payer Health Care in Taiwan: Borrowing Ideas, Improving on Medicare. // Health Letter;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the adoption of single payer health care system by the government in Taiwan to collect and pool revenues and purchase health services for the entire population.
- CNA/NNOC HEADS OFF BADLY FLAWED HEALTHCARE REFORM BILL. // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Jan2008, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that the California Nurses Association/ National Nurses Organizing Committee (CNA/NNOC ), leading a coalition of unions, patients and consumer advocacy groups had successfully defeated the ABX1 1 healthcare reform bill. According to executive director Rose Ann DeMoro, the...
- Reformers succeed to get Rep. Markey to support single payer. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jun2009, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on success which was seen in the efforts of health care reformers from the seventh district of Massachusetts to implement a campaign to convince Massachusetts State Representative Ed Markey to be a supporter of a national single-payer health care bill. Markey decided to...