- Antifluoridation propaganda material--the tricks of the trade. Lowry, R.J. // British Dental Journal;11/25/2000, Vol. 189 Issue 10, p528
This article deconstructs material used in anti-fluoridation propaganda (organised dissemination of information to assist the cause of a movement). By highlighting the devices used it should help supporters of water fluoridation to expose anti-fluoridation propaganda when they come across it,...
- In our century. // American City & County;Jan2012, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p48
The article reports that cities have cautiously added small amounts of fluoride to public water supplies to improve residents' dental health throughout the 20th century.
- NY's dentists cleaning up on cosmetic work. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p4
Discusses the impact of fluoridated water on the dental health (DH) of people in New York City. Contribution of improved DH on the increasing demand for cosmetic dental services; Benefit of the high demand on the income of dentists; Career investment of professionals on the appearance of their...
- Fluorides and the prevention of dental decay: a statement from the Representative Board of the British Dental Association*. Craig, G. // British Dental Journal;6/24/2000, Vol. 188 Issue 12, p654
Summarizes British Dental Association's policy on fluoride use. Case for targeted water fluoridation; Need for continued use of fluoridated toothpaste; Fluoride exposure from multiple sources.
- The facts about bottled water. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep2003, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p1287
Offers information on the impact of bottled water on dental health. Dependence of the human body on water to keep organs and systems functioning properly; Recommended daily water intake; Comparison of bottled with tap water; Decay preventive benefits of fluoride in tap water.
- Our children's teeth: Fluoridation needed to overcome social inequalities in caries prevalence. Hill, Fred // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/4/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6669, p272
Focuses on the dental health of children in Great Britain. Prevalence of dental caries in poor communities; Benefits of water fluoridation; Establishment of dental health rules.
- Iowa Affiliate partnership promotes water fluoridation. McGill, Natalie // Nation's Health;Apr2014, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
The article offers information on the Iowans for Oral Health Coalition which is a partnership between the Delta Dental of Iowa and the Iowa Public Health Association that promotes the health benefits of water fluoridation in oral health.
- New report on fluoridation. // British Dental Journal;5/14/2005, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p527
Announces the publication of the report, "One in a Million", on water fluoridation in Great Britain. Endorsement of the report by chief dental officer Raman Bedi and the British Medical Association; Objective of the report; Number of copies distributed.
- Dental caries: a nation divided. Weir, Erica // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p1035
Looks at dental caries, an infectious disease that dissolves the enamel surface of teeth. Factors leading to dental caries; Risk if left unchecked; Populations that are susceptible to dental caries; Prevention of dental caries include fluoridation in toothpaste and community water supplies; How...