Expression and Molecular Cloning of Human Liver Leukotriene B4 omega-Hydroxylase (CYP4F2) Gene
- Cloning and characterization of the thyroid iodide transporter. Dai, Ge; Levy, Orlie // Nature;2/1/1996, Vol. 379 Issue 6564, p458
Reports on the isolation of a complementary DNA clone that encodes the thyroid iodide transporter. Provision of a missing link in the thyroid hormone biosynthetic pathway; Nucleotide sequence of the sodium/iodide symport.
- An Efficient Procedure for Cloning Hormone-Responsive Genes from a Specific Tissue. Korkmaz, Kemal S.; Korkmaz, Ceren G.; Ragnhildstveit, Erlend; Pretlow, Thomas G.; Saatcioglu, Fahri // DNA & Cell Biology;Aug2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p499
Nuclear receptors form a superfamily of ligand-activated transcription factors. In contrast to the significant advances made in recent years to dissect nuclear receptor structure and their corresponding function, progress has been rather slow in the identification of target genes for nuclear...
- Molecular Cloning, Tissue Distribution, and Chromosomal Localization of MMEL2, a Gene Coding for a Novel Human Member of the Neutral Endopeptidase-24.11 Family. Bonvouloir, Nadia; Lemieux, Nicole; Crine, Philippe; Boileau, Guy; DesGroseillers, Luc // DNA & Cell Biology;Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p493
Members of the neutral endopeptidase (NEP, also known as MME for membrane metallo-endopeptidase in the Human Gene Nomenclature database) family play significant roles in pain perception, arterial pressure regulation, phosphate metabolism, and homeostasis. In this paper, we report the cloning of...
- Common Sense Rules Findings. Stringleman, Hugh // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the stress management in forest management industry in New Zealand. Modification of genetically combined trees; Discovery of gene cloning fragment on DNA in novel organism; Emphasis on biotechnology enhancement on competitiveness and sustainability of growth rates.
- Sperm donors create super worker. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p60
Reports the sperm donor campaign of a company to create its own staff through gene cloning scheme.
- Expression of the Bacillus licheniformis PWD-1 keratinase gene in B. subtilis. Lin, X; Wong, S-L; Miller, E S; Shih, J C H // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p134
The kerA gene which encodes the enzyme keratinase was isolated from the feather-degrading bacterium Bacillus licheniformis PWD-1. The entire gene, including pre-, pro- and mature protein regions, was cloned with P[SUBker], its own promoter, P43, the vegetative growth promoter, or the combination...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a phytochelatin synthase gene, PvPCS1, from Pteris vittata L. Dong, Ruibin // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Aug2005, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p382
Presents a correction to the article "Molecular cloning and characterization of a phytochelatin synthase gene, PvPCS1, from Pteris vittata L.," by Ruibin Dong, which was published online on July 13, 2005.
- Back from extinction. Pierce, Alan // Tech Directions;Jan2000, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the possible cloning of the extinct prehistoric creature, the woolly mammoth. Existence of viable DNA for the creature; Cloning of the animal from dead cells; Possible use of Asian elephant as surrogate mother.
- Molecular Cloning and Baculovirus Expression of the Rabbit Corneal Aldehyde Dehydrogenase (ALDH1A1) cDNA. Manzer, Rizwan; Qamar, Lubna; Estey, Tia; Pappa, Aglaia; Petersen, Dennis R.; Vasiliou, Vasilis // DNA & Cell Biology;May2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p329
Most mammalian species express high concentrations of ALDH3A1 in corneal epithelium with the exception of the rabbit, which expresses high amounts of ALDH1A1 rather than ALDH3A1. Several hypotheses that involve catalytic and/or structural functions have been postulated regarding the role of...