Secretion of Metalloendopeptidase 24.15 (EC 126.96.36.199)
- Role of Prolyl Endopeptidase in Intracellular Transport and Protein Secretion. Morawski, M.; Schulz, I.; Zeitschel, U.; Blosa, M.; Seeger, G.; Roßner, S. // CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets;May2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p327
Prolyl endopeptidase (E.C. 188.8.131.52, PREP) also known as prolyl oligopeptidase is an enzyme which cleaves several peptides at the carboxyl side of proline residues. Since brain contains relatively large amounts of this enzyme and because of its substrate specificity it has been suggested to...
- Enzyme May Help Curb Inflammation. // USA Today Magazine;Oct1998 Your Health, Vol. 127 Issue 2641, p10
Reports on a study regarding the efficacy of neutral endopeptidase (NEP) enzyme in treating inflammatory forms of arthritis. Mechanism of action of the enzyme; Factors that would limit the use of NEP.
- endopeptidase. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p770
A definition of the term "endopeptidase," which refers to a proteolytic enzyme that cleaves peptides in their centers rather than from their ends, is presented.
- Molecular Cloning, Tissue Distribution, and Chromosomal Localization of MMEL2, a Gene Coding for a Novel Human Member of the Neutral Endopeptidase-24.11 Family. Bonvouloir, Nadia; Lemieux, Nicole; Crine, Philippe; Boileau, Guy; DesGroseillers, Luc // DNA & Cell Biology;Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p493
Members of the neutral endopeptidase (NEP, also known as MME for membrane metallo-endopeptidase in the Human Gene Nomenclature database) family play significant roles in pain perception, arterial pressure regulation, phosphate metabolism, and homeostasis. In this paper, we report the cloning of...
- Vasopeptidase inhibition prevents nephropathy in Zucker diabetic fatty rats. Schäfer, Stefan; Linz, Wolfgang; Bube, Axel; Gerl, Martin; Huber, Jochen; Kürzel, Gert Ulrich; Bleich, Markus; Schmidts, Hans-Ludwig; Busch, Andreas E.; Rütten, Hartmut // Cardiovascular Research;Nov2003, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p447
Background: Blocking the reninâ€“angiotensin system is an established therapeutic principle in diabetic nephropathy. We investigated whether inhibition of both neutral endopeptidase and ACE (vasopeptidase inhibition) can prevent functional and morphological features of nephropathy in the...
- Interleukin 1beta induces gastric epithelial cell matrix metalloproteinase secretion and activation during Helicobacter pylori infection. Göö;z, M.; Shaker, M.; Gööz, P.; Smolka, A. J. // Gut;Sep2003, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p1250
BACKGROUND: and aims: Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are endopeptidases with roles in extracellular matrix remodelling, cell proliferation, and inflammatory processes. We showed previously that Helicobacter pylori infection of human gastric adenocarcinoma (AGS) cells increased epithelial...
- Enzyme May Help Curb Inflammation. // USA Today Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 127 Issue 2641, p10
Offers a look at the benefits of neutral endopeptidase (NEP) in treating inflammatory form of arthritis. Functions of NEP; Test conducted on the enzyme.
- Neuroendocrine and Immune Aspects of Fibromyalgia. van West, D.; Maes, M. // BioDrugs;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p521
Fibromyalgia is a form of non-articular rheumatism characterised by long term (>3 months) and widespread musculoskeletal aching, stiffness and pressure hyperalgesia at characteristic soft tissue sites, called soft tissue tender points. The biophysiology of fibromyalgia, however, has remained...
- Neutral Endopeptidase Activity is Increased in the Skin of Subjects with Diabetic Ulcers. Antezana, Marcos; Sullivan, Stephen; Usui, Marcia; Gibran, Nicole; Spenny, Michelle; Larsen, Jerrie; Ansel, John; Bunnett, Nigel; Olerud, John // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Dec2002, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p1400
Cutaneous sensory nerves mediate inflammation and wound healing by releasing neuropeptides, such as substance P , which stimulates pro-inflammatory responses by keratinocytes, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells. The cell surface enzyme, neutral endopeptidase, degrades substance P , thereby...