Frizzled-suc2 Fusion Gene Studies in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Reach for the stars. Greaves, Sarah // Nature Cell Biology;Jan2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, pE12
Reports on developments about the stardust (sdt), one of the genes in the Drosophila melanogaster. Embryonic defects of sdt mutants; Membrane associated guanylate kinase proteins encoded by sdt; Binding of sdt to the carboxyl terminus of Crb.
- Functional Genomics in Drosophila melanogaster by Gene-Trapping. Lukacsovich, Tamas; Asztalos, Zoltan; Yamamoto, Daisuke // Current Genomics;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p323
The Genome Project proceeds towards the determination of the nucleotide sequence of the human genome. Meanwhile the total genomic sequences of some of the less complex organisms (E. coli, yeast, C. elegans and most recently Drosophila melanogaster) have already been determined. The...
- Enhancer of Polycomb is a suppressor of position-effect variegation in Drosophila melanogaster. Sinclair, Donald A.R.; Clegg, Nigel J.; Antonchuk, Jennifer; Milne, Thomas A.; Stankunas, Kryn; Ruse, Chris; Grigliatti, Thomas A.; Kassis, Judith A.; Brock, Hugh W. // Genetics;Jan98, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p211
Examines the Polycomb group (PcG) genes in Drosophila melanogaster (D. melanogaster). Materials and methods used to conduct the study; Similarity between PcG and modifiers of position-effect variegation (PEV); Results and discussion of the study.
- Sex, flies and microarrays. Churchill, Gary A.; Oliver, Brian // Nature Genetics;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p355
In a typical microarray study, experimental RNA samples are compared to a reference sample and expression ratios are clustered. A new study of the effects of sex, aging and genotype on gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster departs from this paradigm. Highly replicated comparisons generate...
- Homology requirements for targeting heterologous sequences during P-induced gap repair in... Dray, Tammy; Gloor, Gregory B. // Genetics;Oct97, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p689
Examines the effect of homology on gene targeting in the context of P-element-induced double-strands breaks at the white locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Methodology of the study; Results obtained; What the results demonstrate; Investigation and characterization of aberrant conversion tracts,...
- Different forces drive the evolution of the Acp26Aa and Acp26Ab accessory gland genes in the... Aguade, Montserrat // Genetics;Nov98, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p1079
Presents the results of a study which surveyed nucleotide variation at the Acp26Aa and Acp26Ab genes in three populations of Drosophila melanogaster in order to obtain a better insight into the role played by selection in the evolution of these genes. Genetic differentiation between...
- Molecular Identification of virilizer, a Gene Required for the Expression of the Sex-Determining.... Niessen, Markus; Schneiter, Roger // Genetics;Feb2001, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p679
Examines the molecular identification of the virilizer gene necessary for the Sex-lethal sex-determining gene expression exhibited in Drosophila melanogaster. Related studies on the sex-lethal gene; Description of vir protein structure and subcellular localization; Analysis of vir mutations;...
- Dual-Tagging Gene Trap of Novel Genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Lukacsovich, Tamas; Asztalos, Zoltan // Genetics;Feb2001, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p727
Examines the gene-trap system established for Drosophila melanogaster. Related studies on enhancer-trap method; Description of structure and principle of operation of gene trap vector; Analysis of gene trap screens; Identification and characterization of trapped genes.
- Duplicated proteasome subunit genes in Drosophila melanogaster encoding testes-specific isoforms. Yuan, Xiaoping; Miller, Mary // Genetics;Sep96, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p147
Presents a study investigating the extent and nature of structural heterogeneity among proteasome subunit genes of Drosophila melanogaster. Identification and characterization of proteasome genes; Genetic expression in males during pupal and adult stages; Genetic expression in germline cells...