A His2AvDGFP Fusion Gene Complements a Lethal His2AvD Mutant Allele and Provides an in Vivo Marker for Drosophila Chromosome Behavior
- LOOK INTO MY (GLOWING) EYES. // Ecologist;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the discovery of the glowing jellyfish gene. Purposes of the fluorescence gene; Information on a competition sponsored by the British Biotechnology and Biological Research Council in 2000 regarding the creation of a glowing tree.
- Sea creatures. // Boys' Life;Apr90, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p60
Reports on the medusa or jellyfish. Description; What they eat; Different kinds; The Portuguese man-of-war; First aid if you are stung by one.
- Jellyfish Invasion. Puleo, Christine // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/25/99, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p6
Provides information on jellyfish.
- Jellyfish. Jaques, Susan // National Geographic World;Aug96, Issue 252, p7
Explains the nature of jellyfish. Physiology; Habitat; Food-hunting mechanism. INSET: Where danger lurks..
- The world of jellyfish. Montgomery, Sy // Animals;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p8
Features the jellyfish. Physical characteristics; Habitat; Adaptations; Classification; Locomotion; Food; Evolution; Behavior.
- Stingers in the sea. Miller, Jeanne // World & I;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p164
Discusses various aspects of jellyfish. Life cycle; Physical characteristics; Tentacles' sting. INSET: Avoiding a painful lesson, by J.M..
- Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water.... Kageleiry, Jamie; Schultz, Christine // Yankee;Jul94, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p50
Recounts the discovery in 1865 of an Arctic giant jellyfish on the beach at Cape Ann, Massachusetts.
- Space-age jewels. Dybas, Cheryl Lyn // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep92, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p18
Examines the beneficial role jellyfish play in the oceans and in space experiments. Control of jellyfish prey; Size and territory; How jellyfish move; Food; Dangerous jellyfish; Details of National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) experiment; Government's Jellyfish Control Act,...
- Crimson Tide. Snyder, Kari // Boating;Aug2003, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p25
Reports that scientists have discovered a variety of jellyfish, Tiburonia granrojo, in the Pacific Ocean.