Expression and Immunologic Characterization of Recombinant Heat Shock Protein 58 of Leptospira Species: A Major Target Antigen of the Humoral Immune Response
- Leptospirosis update. Ferguson, Ian R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/19/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6769, p128
Examines the incidence of leptospirosis in Great Britain. Description of the disease; Composition of the genus leptospira; Symptoms of the disease.
- Leptospira and leptospirosis. Hookey, John V. // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Fall91, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p169
Presents a study on leptospira and leptospirosis. Classification; Pathology; Epidemiology; Diagnosis of leptospirosis; Control.
- leptospirosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1321
A definition of the term "leptospirosis" which refers to a condition caused by Leptospira infection is presented.
- Development of a Multiple-Locus Variable number of tandem repeat Analysis (MLVA) for Leptospira interrogans and its application to Leptospira interrogans serovar Australis isolates from Far North Queensland, Australia. Slack, Andrew T; Dohnt, Michael F; Symonds, Meegan L; Smythe, Lee D // Annals of Clinical Microbiology & Antimicrobials;2005, Vol. 4, p1
Background: Leptospirosis is a zoonotic disease caused by the genus, Leptospira. Leptospira interrogans is the most common genomospecies implicated in the disease. Epidemiological investigations are needed to distinguish outbreak situations or to trace reservoirs of the organisms. Current...
- Trends of Leptospirosis in Coastal Karnataka. Raghav, Surabhi Singh // New Indian Journal of Surgery;Oct2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p316
Leptospirosis is essentially an animal infection by several serotypes of Leptospira and transmitted to man under certain environmental conditions and is fairly widespread throughout India. The most frequent hosts are rodents, especially the common rat (Rattus norvegicus). Most outbreaks of...
- Heterologous expression and purification of Leptospira spp recombinant proteins to leptospirosis vaccine development. Deliberalli, Ivânia; Bettin, Everton; Grassmann, André; Neto, Amilton; Colonetti, Karina; Dellagostin, Odir; Silva, Everton // BMC Proceedings;10/1/2014, p1
An abstract of the article "Heterologous expression and purification of Leptospira spp recombinant proteins to leptospirosis vaccine development" by IvÃ¢nia Deliberalli and colleagues is presented.
- Surface-associated Hsp60 chaperonin of Leptospira interrogans serovar Autumnalis N2 strain as an immunoreactive protein. Natarajaseenivasan, K.; Artiushin, S.; Velineni, S.; Vedhagiri, K.; Vijayachari, P.; Timoney, J. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Nov2011, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1383
The present study has been formulated in order to detect an immunoreactive protein whose identification can play a major role in the early diagnosis of disease. The identified protein will be produced by recombinant methods and used for the recombinant protein based ELISA. A comparison was made...
- Increased Immunogenicity to LipL32 of Leptospira interrogans when Expressed as a Fusion Protein with the Cholera Toxin B Subunit. Habarta, Alejandra; Abreu, Patricia; Olivera, Noelia; Hauk, Pricila; Cédola, Maia T.; Ferrer, María F.; Ho, Paulo L.; Gomez, Ricardo M. // Current Microbiology;Feb2011, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p526
Leptospirosis is one of the most widespread zoonosis in the world. The development of a recombinant leptospira vaccine remains a challenge. In this study, we cloned the Leptospira interrogans open reading frame (ORF) coding the external membrane protein LipL32, an immunodominant antigen found in...
- High-coverage proteome analysis reveals the first insight of protein modification systems in the pathogenic spirochete Leptospira interrogans. Xing-Jun Cao; Jie Dai; Hao Xu; Song Nie; Xiao Chang; Bao-Yu Hu; Quan-Hu Sheng; Lian-Shui Wang; Zhi-Bin Ning; Yi-Xue Li; Xiao-Kui Guo; Guo-Ping Zhao; Rong Zeng // Cell Research;Feb2010, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p197
Leptospirosis is a widespread zoonotic disease caused by pathogenic spirochetes of the genus Leptospira that infects humans and a wide range of animals. By combining computational prediction and high-accuracy tandem mass spectra, we revised the genome annotation of Leptospira interrogans serovar...