Differential Activity of the -2.7 kb Chicken Lysozyme Enhancer in Macrophages of Different Ontogenic Origins Is Regulated by C/EBP and PU.1 Transcription Factors
- lysozyme. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1384
A definition of the term "lysozyme" which refers to an enzyme found in neutrophils and macrophages, and in tears, saliva and other body secretions which inhibits the growth of bacteria by damaging their cell walls is presented.
- Factors Affecting Human Cytomegalovirus Gene Expression in Human Monocyte Cell Lines. Chan Hee Lee; Gyu-Cheol Lee; Yu-Jiun Chan; Chuang-Jiun Chiou; Jin Hyun Ahn; Hayward, Gary S. // Molecules & Cells (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);1999, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p37
Provides information on a study which infected human monocyte cell lines and investigated human cytomegalovirus gene expression to understand the mechanisms for establishing and reactivating monocytes and macrophages from latency. Materials and methods; Results and discussion.
- The Macrophage-Exploiting Hypoxia With Cell Based Delivery of GDEPT. Kingsman, S.M.; Griffiths, L.; Binley, K.; Iqball, S.; Kan, O.; Maxwell, P.; Lewis, C.; Harris, A.; Naylor, S. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov99 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p38
Discusses role of macrophages in tumour progression. Construction of hypoxia-regulated adenoviral vector to transduce human macrophages; Ways to deliver non-toxic enzyme to the tumor; Investigation of hypoxic response in primary human macrophages via hypoxia response elements sequences; Impact...
- Identification of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase gene expression in macrophages. Monkawa, Toshiaki; Yoshida, Tadashi; Hayashi, Matsuhiko; Saruta, Takao; Monkawa, T; Yoshida, T; Hayashi, M; Saruta, T // Kidney International;Aug2000, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p559
Background:The 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 1alpha-hydroxylase (1alpha-hydroxylase) is almost exclusively expressed in the kidney. However, 1alpha-hydroxylase activities have been observed in some extrarenal tissues, including inflammatory cells of the monocyte/macrophage lineage. In...
- TLR4, but not TLR2, mediates IFN-B-induced STAT1a/B-dependent gene expression in macrophages. Toshchakov, Vladimir; Jones, Bryan W.; Perera, Pin-Yu; Thomas, Karen; Cody, M. Joshua; Zhang, Shuling; Williams, Bryan R. G.; Major, Jennifer; Hamilton, Thomas A.; Fenton, Matthew J.; Vogel, Stefanie N. // Nature Immunology;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p392
Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) agonists induce a subset of TLR4-inducible proinflammatory genes, which suggests the use of differential signaling pathways. Murine macrophages stimulated with the TLR4 agonist Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide (LPS), but not with TLR2 agonists, induced...
- Preservation Analysis of Macrophage Gene Coexpression Between Human and Mouse Identifies PARK2 as a Genetically Controlled Master Regulator of Oxidative Phosphorylation in Humans. Codoni, Veronica; Blum, Yuna; Civelek, Mete; Proust, Carole; Franzén, Oscar; Björkegren, Johan L. M.; Le Goff, Wilfried; Cambien, Francois; Lusis, Aldons J.; Trégouët, David-Alexandre // G3: Genes | Genomes | Genetics;Oct2016, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p3361
Macrophages are key players involved in numerous pathophysiological pathways and an in-depth characterization of their gene regulatory networks can help in better understanding how their dysfunction may impact on human diseases. We here conducted a cross-species network analysis of macrophage...
- Cell-Free Expression of Two Single-Chain Monoclonal Antibodies against Lysozyme: Effect of Domain Arrangement on the Expression1. Merk, Helmut; Stiege, Wolfgang; Tsumoto, Kouhei; Kumagai, Izumi; Erdmann, Volker A. // Journal of Biochemistry;1999, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p328
Single-chain antibodies (scFv), which can be produced in Escherichia coli cells, have been shown in numerous cases to be active in antigen binding. In the case of the two anti-lyso-zyme single-chain antibodies, scFvLH and scFvHL which have the reversed arrangement of the variable domains of the...
- Inhibition of nuclear factor-?B activation by IRFI 042, protects against endotoxin-induced shock. Altavilla, Domenica; Squadrito, Giovanni; Minutoli, Letteria; Deodato, Barbara; Bova, Antonino; Sardella, Aurora; Seminara, Paolo; Passaniti, Maria; Urna, Giuseppe; Venuti, Saverio F.; Caputi, Achille P.; Squadrito, Francesco // Cardiovascular Research;Jun2002, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p684
Background: The aim of our study was to investigate the effect of IRFI 042, a novel dual vitamin E-like antioxidant, on nuclear factor-?B (NF-?B) activation, TNF-a gene priming and on the release of the mature protein during endotoxin shock. Methods: Endotoxin shock was produced in...
- PIM2 induced MMP-9 expression in macrophages requires PI3K and Notch1 signaling. Kapoor, Nisha; Bansal, Kushagra; Puzo, Germain; Gilleron, Martine; Balaji, K. N. // Journal of Translational Medicine;2012, Vol. 10 Issue Suppl 3, p1
An abstract of the article "PIM2 induced MMP-9 expression in macrophages requires PI3K and Notch1 signaling," by Nisha Kapoor and colleagues is presented.