- APPOINTMENTS. // Hill;11/18/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 120, p12
The article announces the appointments of several public officials in 2010 in the U.S. including Mark C. Alexander, Mark Brzezinski, among others to the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, Andrew Traver to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives at the Justice...
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/29/2010, Special section p1
A list of government nominations submitted to the U.S. Senate, including Edward Milton Chen as U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of California, David J. Hale as U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky and Christopher Tobias Hoye as U.S. Marshal for the District of Necada.
- Ridge-d Pa. governor given role as homeland czar. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;9/27/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the appointment of Governor Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania to head the Office of Homeland Security in the United States. Role of Ridge in the office; Political history of Ridge; Proposition of the US Commission on National Security for the 21st Century for another department anchored by...
- Time for up-or-down. Galston, Bill; McKinnon, Mark // Hill;1/18/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p25
The author comments on the proposed No Labels "Up-or-Down Vote on Presidential Appointments" in 2012 in the U.S.
- Bryant appointed to state commission. // Fort Worth Business Press;07/21/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p14
Reports the appointment of TexasBank's chief executive officer Vernon Bryant, as state banker to the state Finance Commission in Texas. Functions of the Finance Commission; Details on the establishment of the commission in the year 1943; Employment background of Bryant.
- Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District Civil Service Commission. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/22/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p5
The article announces that the Board of Trustees of the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District is accepting resumes and cover letters from persons who are interested for an appointment to the Civil Service Commission.
- TEXAS PEOPLE. // Texas Bar Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p170
The article mentions about awards given to several attorneys in Texas including Patrick C. Simek, Lynne Liberato, and Marianne Carroll as well as appointment of Justice Douglas S. Lang as the secretary of the American Inns of Court Foundation.
- Residents get on governing body. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;11/9/2010, Issue 638, p2
The article reports that the Dartford Borough Council in Kent, England has appointed four members of the public to the Deed Trust and Obligations Committee that governs several charities after a charity tribunal upheld complaints by two local residents following the sale of a portion of land...
- Serbia names its first diplomatic envoy to Kosovo. // Regional Today;02/05/2013, p4
The article reports on Serbia's appointment of its first diplomatic representative to Pristina, Kosovo since the latter's declaration of independence from the former in 2008.