- Generics. Scheller, Melanie // Current Health 2;Dec96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p30
Provides information on generic drugs. Differentiation of generic drugs from brand name drugs; Pricing difference between generics and brand name drugs; Drug effectiveness.
- Generic drugs, and the consumer. Goldberg, Gene L. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1995, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on generic drugs. Comparison of generic and brandname drugs; Advantages in using generics; Definition of generic drugs; Approval of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Generic usage depends on type of doctor, class of drug. Snyder, Karyn // Drug Topics;11/20/95 Generics, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p2
Analyzes trends in the generic drug industry. Availability of more generic drugs; Gain of acceptance from doctors; Substitution of generic drugs for brands.
- How safe are foreign-made generic drugs? Helwick, Caroline // Drug Topics;11/20/95 Generics, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p22S
Discusses the safety of imported generic drugs. Difficulty of regulating imported drugs; Major suppliers; Use of standard system.
- Generic, brand firms battle across Atlantic on patents. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;11/3/97, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p95
Presents information on the generic drug industry, while focusing on the battle between generic firms across the Atlantic over pharmaceutical patents. Details on the status of the generic industry in the United States; Information on the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry Association.
- Washington update. Wechsler, Jill // Formulary;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p480
Focuses on the debate on the therapeutic equivalence of generic versions of narrow therapeutic index medications in the United States. Poor understanding of Food and Drug Administration policies and procedures; Use of individual bioequivalency standard to measure both innovator and generic drug...
- Antidote. Siegel, Marc // Medical Marketing & Media;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p10
The article addresses the increase in the utilization of generic drugs in the U.S.
- GENERIC DRUG FACTS. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Dec2011, Vol. 27 Issue 12, pA-24
The article offers information on the abbreviated new drug application, also known as generic drugs, in the U.S.
- Drug deals. // Redbook;Sep94, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p40
Reports that generic drugs are manufactured by the same manufacturers of expensive drugs. Federal standards required for generic drugs.
- Generic health measurement: Past accomplishments and a measurement paradigm for the 21st century. McHorney, Colleen A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/97 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p743
Generic health surveys have been proposed for use in increasingly diverse applications and populations. This paper describes the history of generic tools in the past 30 years and suggests a more modern measurement platform for advances in the 21st century. Many generic tools lack the precision...