- British audit office examining Tornado sale to Saudi Arabia. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p19
Report that the British National Audit Office is investigating the sale of Panavia Tornado combat aircraft to Saudi Arabia for possible illegal payments and risks to the British government.
- Children's centres report more stability. Gaunt, Catherine // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/21/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4203, p6
The article presents the findings of the report issued by the British National Audit Office, commissioned by a select committee of MPs as part of an inquiry into the Sure Start children's centers.
- Too much too soon. Warren, Liz // Public Finance;05/03/96, p20
Presents a reports on the criticisms and some of the successes of National Audit Office (NAO) verdict on the Hospital Information Support System (HISS) initiative. Objectives of HISS; Stages of HISS initiative implementation; Most successful HISS project.
- NAO rejected as all-quango auditor. // Public Finance;02/21/97, p7
Reports that the British government has rejected a demand from the Commons public accounts committee for the National Audit Office (NAO) to be appointed auditor of all `executive' quangos. Inspection rights of the NAO.
- NAO told to talk more to Parliament. // Public Finance;08/09/96, p6
Looks at the opening of Great Britain's National Audit Office (NAO) resources to the whole of Parliament by Commons public services committee. How NAO works; Argument between NAO and Public Accounts Committee (PAC); Relationships between PAC members and NAO.
- Labour vows to meet NAO demands. // Public Finance;02/07/97, p6
Reports on the powers demanded by the National Audit Office (NAO) of Great Britain from the government. NAO's power to probe all government contracts; Resource implications of the expansion of the NAO's remit.
- NAO auditor's jobs safe. // Public Finance;1/14/94, p2
Reports on the National Audit Office's rejection of the claims about the transfer of its employment and training division from Sheffield to London.
- NAO looks at research cash. // Professional Engineering;02/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
Announces on preliminary investigations into the management of grants by the government's research councils, by the National Audit Office. Reference to the move being routine; Details of the investigations.
- NAO funding bid is backed by MPs. // Public Finance;08/23/96, p6
Reports the recommendation by Great Britain's Commons public accounts committee to accept the National Audit Office's bid for a government grant in 1996. Increase in the number of audit fees from government trading funds.