Succession Planning Keeps WellPoint Competitive
- Drug UR program in Georgia. // Business Insurance;12/13/93, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p22
Reports on the award of a pharmacy management service contract to Wellpoint Health Networks Incorporated. Management of outpatient drug utilization of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Georgia members; Acquisition of Professional Claims Services Incorporated.
- WellPoint offers generics discount. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;1/13/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the announcement made by WellPoint Health Networks Inc. regarding the provision of discounts to its members for the purchase of generic drugs. Statement issued by the company; Hope of the company from the discount program.
- WellPoint buys Georgia blues. // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p2
Reports that in 1998, WellPoint Health Networks Incorporated announced that it will purchase Cerulean Companies Incorporated, Georgia's largest health insurer, for $500 millin in stock and cash. Details on Cerulean's reported revenue for 1997; How WellPoint will benefit from this purchase.
- WELLPOINT HEALTH NETWORKS INC. // Bank Loan Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p7
Reports on a bank loan package for health maintenance organization operator Wellpoint Health Networks Inc.
- WellPoint to roll out reference price-based benefit design for commercial clients. // Formulary;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p122
Reports on rolling out of reference drug pricing by WellPoint Health Networks in California. Elaboration on the design; Citation of commercial clients' benefits; Enumeration of drug categories.
- PriceCostco contracts with WellPoint Health Networks for... // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/26/96, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p15
Reports that PriceCostco in Seattle, Washington, has signed a contract with Wellpoint Health Networks' National Resource Consultants (NRC). Why PriceCostco signed contract; Information on NRC's behavioral health services.
- New ARV chief walks into a crossfire. Bosetti, Diana // Orange County Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Gives information on Howard G. Phanstiel, who left his executive job at Wellpoint Health Networks, to become chief executive officer at Assisted Living Incorporated. Reasons for Phanstiel taking the job; Comments from Phanstiel.
- WellPoint to pay $500 million for Ga. Blue. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/20/98, Vol. 102 Issue 29, p3
States that WellPoint Health Services has agreed to pay $500 million in stock and cash for Cerulean Cos. Benefits of the deal to WellPoint Health; Terms of the agreement; Deal as part of WellPoint's acquisition strategy to improve its national operation.
- HMO wants Clarinex switched to OTC. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the petition of Wellpoint Health Networks for the over-the-counter switch of Clarinex in California. Consideration of post-marketing safety data; Development of allergy drugs.