5 Ways to Make a More Powerful Portal
- HP fine-tunes learning portal. Ghose, Dipika // IT Training;May2002, p20
Reports the implementation of an enterprise-wide online portal by Hewlett-Packard in Great Britain. Use of the business-to-employee portal for consistent workforce information; Phases of portal development; Role of the Employee Workforce Development department in maintaining the learning section.
- SDIS: Technology will Lead the Way. Saleem, Rukhsar // Dataquest;5/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p62
The article reports on the strategic association of Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGE&T) with Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) for the development of a web platform to lessen the challenges of Skill Development Initiative Scheme (SDIS) in India. Sudhir Rao of HP mentions that the...
- HP makes corporations Yahoo! Quinton, Brian // Telephony;08/16/99, Vol. 237 Issue 7, p26
Offers information on the integration of a Corporate My Yahoo! portal into intranets and enterprise networks set up by Hewlett-Packard's Internet business unit. Benefits offered to workers; Objective of the initiative; Features of the service.
- HP Launches Portal to Sell Its Software Online. Kerner, Sean Michael // Channel Insider;12/6/2013, p1
The article discusses the release of the Hewlett-Packard (HP) Pronq web portal which will be used to directly sell HP's software offerings.
- HP puts emphasis on services. Grant, Alex // Printing World;3/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 11, p3
Reports on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s launch of a range of management solutions and print portal web sites to allow customers to monitor all their fleet of printers at once and reduce costs. Company's offer of management consulting services; Decline in the company's total sales in the three months...
- Hewlett-Packard. // Business Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p47
Focuses on the strategies used by Hewlett-Packard to increase the company's return on intellectual capital. Specialization of knowledge; Process simplification; Inventory of knowledge management.
- Hewlett-Packard's core values drive HR strategy. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the personnel management strategy employed by Hewlett-Packard Company. Background on the founding of the company; Views of Hewlett-Packard vice president for personnel F.E. Peterson on personnel strategy; Adoption of no-layoff policy by Hewlett-Packard; Goals of company's `Project...
- HR: Tomorrow's strategic partner? Johnson, Mike // Management Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the Management Centre Europe's Human Resources Management Conference in April, 1997. Topics being discussed by the attendees; How the human resources department can help lead the organization's corporate strategy; How Hewlett Packard views its employment.
- NO COMMANDS. Boyle, Matthew // Fortune;1/8/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p143
Discusses the history of the company Hewlett-Packard, started by Dave Packard and Bill Hewlett. Their emphasis on getting to know each employee personally; How they used cubicles which allowed managers to walk around among employees; How the company has maintained its emphasis on trust and...